News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

New Asus ProArt StudioBook series features flagship model with Core i9-9980HK CPU and powerful Nvidia Quadro RTX 6000 GPU

Started by Redaktion, September 04, 2019, 14:02:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Asus has claimed that its ProArt StudioBook lineup includes the "world's most graphically-powerful laptop" with the ProArt StudioBook One (W590) workstation. The device comes with a 9th Gen Intel mobile processor and Nvidia's Quadro RTX 6000. The new series also features the ProArt StudioBook Pro X (W730) that offers up to a Quadro RTX 5000 and incorporates the innovative ScreenPad 2.0 secondary display.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/New-Asus-ProArt-StudioBook-series-features-flagship-model-with-Core-i9-9980HK-CPU-and-powerful-Nvidia-Quadro-RTX-6000-GPU.434117.0.html

LostInSpace

Don't hold your breath - Asus announced a Studiobook S 17" in January and it still isn't for sale yet.

gc

Engadget visited the ProArt StudioBook One on the show floor and found that they moved the components behind the screen, and the back of the screen opens up for better airflow.   That explains why there are no side views in the press release photos above, that would give away the thickness of the screen.   I wonder if the GPU to screen communication is more efficient that way.   I wonder how heavy the screen is with its large heat pipes, radiators, and fans, and whether the battery is enough counterweight to keep it from tipping over if the screen is pushed back.  I wonder whether the calibration changes in different parts of the screen depending on the temperature, and whether the temperature varies depending on the angle of the screen.

Amartya Bhattacharya

I'm really looking forward to the review for the Studiobook One, especially given the collaboration with Nvidia and that 'Ace' design.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview