News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Dell Latitude 5500 Review: A business laptop with many options

Started by Redaktion, September 03, 2019, 19:17:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Buyers of the Latitude 5500 have the choice among numerous equipment configurations that offer suitable elements for almost any demand in the business sector. In addition to various security features, there is optional LTE, as well as support for the coming WiFi-6 standard. Our test shows what else buyers of the business notebook from Dell can expect.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Dell-Latitude-5500-Review-A-business-laptop-with-many-options.434050.0.html

JohnST

Does Dell have a 2200 dollar laptop screen that has 225 threads and 57% sRGB? It's 2019 !! You won't remember this fact in the final verdict? This does not seem objective to me!

A

So wait, let me get this straight. They use integrated graphics, a mobile non-desktop CPU. And they still somehow managed to get temperatures above 45C?

In comparison, the competing laptops have better specs/performance, lower price and are not portable grills!

Did dell maybe fire their thermal management team to save costs? Cause their terrible thermals is across the board!

william blake

Quote from: JohnST on September 04, 2019, 00:24:13
Does Dell have a 2200 dollar laptop screen that has 225 threads and 57% sRGB? It's 2019 !! You won't remember this fact in the final verdict? This does not seem objective to me!
exactly. but this is a common problem for ALL reviewers. i never heard "dont buy this s***", always "well..something here something there maybe better maybe i prefer that..slightly..not sure "
i never heard "50db is 3 times louder than 40db. just think of it, 2 fps less/3 times quieter or 2 fps more/3 times louder? everyone who choose  the option with more fps is an idiot"
229 nits is acceptable only for cheapest home machines.
there are no reasons to buy a 2k+ buisiness machine with such screen. all the features and options and advantages doesnt matter at all.

TomJ

How can you give 83% to a laptop that freezes because of heat problems and even give that same laptop 92% for temperature?
A business laptop with many options... unless you want to use it's processor?

JohnST

The editorial office is also afraid to write down the negatives because it received a borrowed laptop for review. But what are these reviews for us then?

iovan

"replace the SSD, for example. The latter is built into our test model in the M.2 format and can also be replaced by a 2.5-inch SATA hard drive. However, you cannot use both, since the M.2 SSD has to be placed across the free SATA slot."
That is stupid coming from Dell. One of the advantages of 15" laptops was to fit an extra disk inside.

Mok Seng Chew

Can Dell Latitude 5500 USB port connected to an external monitor using ordinary USB to VGA adaptor. I need a laptop to be able to connect to 2 external monitors (1 from the HDMI port and another from the USB C port)
Also how about Dell 5593 laptop?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview