News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Mediocre at best: DxOMark takes issue with the rear and selfie cameras in the Sony Xperia 1

Started by Redaktion, August 30, 2019, 19:00:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The camera benchmark website DxOMark has just released its in-depth analysis and extensive review of the rear-facing and selfie cameras in the Xperia 1, and it is not good news for Sony fans. As we discovered in our recent review, the Xperia 1 has sub-par cameras for a modern flagship.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Mediocre-at-best-DxOMark-takes-issue-with-the-rear-and-selfie-cameras-in-the-Sony-Xperia-1.433554.0.html

vrvly

Say whatever you want, you cannot change the fact that colors look way better with xperia(more real), not yellowish, brownish or over-saturated.
New xperia is also about 2x faster than last gen. If you look closely its colors from camera got even better, despite small sensor.
Closest competitor in color department is huawei P30pro using RYYB sensor, everyone else just use the same old tech with just right color tweaks,  sonys colors are next level, maybe not set always right, but for pro's its raw capture is the top of all phones, no competitor there.

opelit

Sony just use first level of Camera API on Android, so the stupid tech doesnt make the phones looks like candy crash. But I wish they use next level cuz they are missing on sea of smartphones. Its atm too much phones...

S.Yu

I don't think 68 for texture is fair, it deserves way higher though the artifacts are an issue, however the artifacts are not noise and I don't believe the noise score is fair either, that's just off the top of my head.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview