News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ Smartphone Review: Optimised SoC promises better runtimes

Started by Redaktion, August 30, 2019, 01:06:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The S-Pen and stunning display once again distinguish the Galaxy Note from its Galaxy S sibling. This year's Galaxy Note is the first to feature a newer SoC than the Galaxy S that preceded it, so it will be intriguing to see what improvements the Exynos 9825 brings over the Exynos 9820. In many ways, the Note 10+ is a re-bodied Galaxy S10+ with a few tweaks and omissions. Read on to find out how the Note 10+ performs in this live review.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Samsung-Galaxy-Note-10-Smartphone-Review-Optimised-SoC-promises-better-runtimes.433424.0.html

S.Yu

Surprisingly 9825 struggles to bring any improvement over 9820. Projected improvements from the process should be double digit.

DanDan

How come you describe the location of the heart rate sensor on the back of the phone near the rear facing camera.. while in reality the phone doesn't come with the sensor? 

JohnST

Samsung is constantly cramping trying to be in front of Apple. He puts a lot of unnecessary features on his phones to get interested. Meanwhile, but he's just embarrassing ...

Tortuga

Would have been nice, if it had upgrades in the camera department. If apple does the ultra-wide right, I can see this phone being obsolete.

lneam

- when we read the review of Samsung Galaxy Note 10, we can see at the picture of GPS test application there double id's at the satellites numbers. This can proof that this device has dual band GNSS support.
- but when we read this review Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ the author Alex Alderson - News Editor writes about GNSS support

"The device does not support Satellite-based augmentation systems (SBAS) or dual-band GPS"

according to my opinion this can't be right. Why the small model has dual band support and the big one in missing this opportunity ?
Please repeat those measurements, but this time use a better gnss application. use GPSTest from Sean Barbeau at the play store

Arturo

Hi

I made a similar comment on Note 10+ review, no reply yet. My Galaxy Note 10+ Global version with Exynos CPU shows bands L5 & E5a on GPStest thus confirming it has dual frequency GPS.

I suspect it's coming down to some phones having it enabled/disabled in the firmware.

Michel Merlin

Android 9 makes the microSD card unusable
On my Note 4 (Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow) I used to swap in or out a 128gb microSD card, without stopping the Note 4. That card being left in its original exFAT file format, I have on it a number of files of any sort and sizes, including a lot of 1-10gb video files in HD (1280x720) resolution and .flv, .ts, .m2ts o other formats, that are easily explored using ES File manager, and wonderfully played using BS Player or ES Media Player.

On my new phone (Android 9 Pie) I can't anymore. Android 9 refuses to use the card the normal way, and restricts it instead into either "Internal" or "External" storing, each requiring reformatting in FAT32 (file size limit 4GB, incompatible with video files of today) and being probably encrypted (which makers don't tell) in such ways that the 1st is unrecognized in any other device or PC, the 2nd is unable to receive apps.

So the Note 10+ makes a giant step backwards and becomes actually LESS powerful than my CASIO E-11 pocketPC of 1998 or my hp iPaq h2215 Windows Mobile 2003 or any of my Samsung Notes (II, 3, 4). Paying the premium for a stylus etc has gone totally useless. I recommend to drop the Samsung Note line and only buy $95 phones, the premium ones aren't any more worth a premium price.
Versailles, Mon 09 Sep 2019 13:40:15 +0200

lneam

I want to personal thanks the author Alex Alderson for his fast update with new info about the GNSS section into the review

Meteorhead

I am surprised no test speaks about the only killer feature of the Samsung Galaxy flagships: LinuxOnDex. This is the first phone to pull off real desktop experience in a phone (Continuum was a good take with no follow through).

I have tried asking a lot of a people to show the output of two console applications under Linux, but there must be some conspiracy theory at work, because noone is willing to show them. I'm specifically looking to see if Galaxys can be used for GPU programming. The output of "glxinfo" and "clinfo" would show, but it must be classified.

Without LinuxOnDex, these phones are just another expensive phone that don't know anything else the competition wouldn't.

S.Yu

The revised rating is finally a little more differentiating, a welcome improvement since all flagships have been getting 89% or above in the past few months.
So when do the previously rated flagships get a rating based on the new metric?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview