News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

AU Optronics previews new AMOLED foldable screens and ink jet printed OLED 4K @120 Hz laptop displays

Started by Redaktion, August 29, 2019, 15:54:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

AUO's improved folding AMOLED screens come with increased durability and smaller folding radius, while the laptop OLED display sporting 4K resolution and 120 Hz refresh rates are advertised to be among the first to use the ink jet printing production technique that enables lower manufacturing costs and increased yields.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/AU-Optronics-previews-new-AMOLED-foldable-screens-and-ink-jet-printed-OLED-4K-120-Hz-laptop-displays.433470.0.html

DF

It's clearly hitting an oversight by Samsung to have failed to cover the 17.3" segment in their OLED lineup.  Samsung (SSD) did cover a lot of sizes 15.6, 14 and one more if I recall.  But they did not cover 17.3.  Now 17.3 has been thought of as "large" save that now with small bezel designs, the size of 17.3 models is what 15.6's used to be when bezels were larger.
So I suspect that this could get some heavy demand since they filled in where SSD missed, 120Hz, 17.3 size and HDR.

I can see a lot of vendors adding this as an option to their 17.3 models.  The question will be how long until we get real products available.

Grigoli Gelashvili

This is really exacting. 17nch 4k 120 hz exactly what I was looking for. hopefully they will release it soon

AJ

The news about a 17.3" 4K OLED 120Hz display for laptops is super exciting. Up until now, this combination did not exist, since even the Samsung 15.6" 4K OLED displays have a refresh rate of only 60Hz, and as for the current 17.3" market, there aren't any 4K OLED displays at all, only LCD at either 60Hz or 120Hz like in the upcoming Razer Blade Pro 17 Studio Edition.

My guess is that next year's refreshes of the likes of Gigabyte AERO 17, Razer Blade Pro 17 Studio Edition, and Alienware m17 will have this display. This is because Samsung first announced their 15.6" 4K OLED 60Hz displays earlier this year at CES in January, and they're already available in laptops. Therefore, I think that this AUO display should be ready for mass production by or before Q2 2020. Fingers crossed. 

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview