News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

MSI Modern 14 with Core i5-10210U, 512 GB NVMe SSD, and GeForce MX250 GPU now available for $899

Started by Redaktion, August 23, 2019, 22:15:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The budget-midrange professional laptop will begin shipping on September 10 with 5.7 mm thin bezels, 80 percent screen-to-body ratio, and Intel's latest Comet Lake-U CPU. Initial SKUs will not carry Core i7 options.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/MSI-Modern-14-with-Core-i5-10210U-512-GB-NVMe-SSD-and-GeForce-MX250-GPU-now-available-for-899.431817.0.html

jeremy

Quote from: ssssssss on August 24, 2019, 15:16:22
single channel ram?

Given the last version of this laptop had single channel RAM (single removable SODIMM, at least), I find this incredibly likely. It was also one of two major reasons (and one more minor reason) that I didn't buy the previous version.

1) Single channel RAM. Very nice that it's removable, but just one channel? Even soldered + removable would be more reasonable than just a single channel, IMO.
2) No USB-C charging. I don't know if this is resolved with this version, since the other two laptops in that table do support USB-C charging.

The small reason:
The gaudy dragon shield logo. I'm not against it, but I am also not exactly a big fan of it, either.

Sittikone Chanthanam

I'd love to pickup the prestige 15 with the non 4k display. My only concerns are the claimed increase of brightness, the refresh rate and response times of the display, and the temps. Hopefully someone can confirm/test these soon!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview