News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Intel's Development Over the Past Six Years

Started by Redaktion, February 18, 2017, 19:56:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

It is often claimed that Intel is not really making any real progress with its processors, in particular with the mobile versions. Whether this cliché is true and if so, why the company follows this strategy will be clarified in this special article dedicated to this topic.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-s-Development-Over-the-Past-Six-Years.197824.0.html

bricktop

I like this article.  It further justifies my decision not to upgrade after 5 years.   This article shows that mobile quad-cores are one of the least improved upon Intel processor categories, especially since Ivy Bridge.  Unless Intel starts making some significant gains in computational horsepower, I may hold out until DDR-4L and Optane are mainstream laptop components.

I also have a minor correction, due to compounding interest rules most Intel processors have improved on average about 8% year-over-year based on the data provided.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview