News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Dell XPS 15 2017 9560 (7300HQ, Full-HD) Notebook Review

Started by Redaktion, February 05, 2017, 18:38:44

Previous topic - Next topic

vasra

Same coil whine
Same issues with crackling speakers (often left)
Same issue with keyboard presses not being recognized
Same issues with overhetaing (padly applied TIM) on some units
= in general same QC issues and same hit-and-miss replace-fix policy
PASS!

walter

It's in my hand right now. I haven't had the previous version and so i can't compare it with the 9550 but, the first impression, is really good after a fresh installation. No coil whine but i think i need more time to test it. For now the bad is that there isn't a network connector to use a lan cable. My Asus UX303LN (previus machine) have two connector in the pack. And, about the review... i can't find the icc file. Where is it??

kbuhagiar

Quote from: Andreas Osthoff on February 10, 2017, 13:36:25
Hi guys, we will review the high-end spec as well. The test model (4K, 512 GB PCIe-SSD, i7-7700HQ) should arrive in a couple of days.

Glad to hear this, looking to purchase this exact model, but want to see if there are any updates/improvements on battery life and coil whine. Does anyone know if the bluetooth/wifi conflict issues from the earlier versions were resolved?

Thanks in advance.

Mobile Gamer

Regarding the gaming on battery question, I think it's a valid use case for those that want to game on their commute etc. I have seen 100s of Laptop reviews on YouTube and the Internet of gaming laptops and no one ever ever ever ever reports on 3D performance on battery! Surely a core use case for a portable gaming computer. I applaud you for providing some small information in this area. My personal use is 100% gaming on battery (during commute) as you may have been able to tell. So, it is impossible to ascertain what performance I can expect from every other reviewer I've EVER seen other than yourselves!

I think you will find it interesting if you test 3D Mark and Witcher 3 on battery as standard in all your reviews. From your previous reviews it appears that it is almost immaterial which GPU you have, a 1050 is throttled back a little bit, but a 1070 is throttled back massively. For example you reported a 22% drop in FireStrike for the XPS 15, but when you reported on the Asus GL502VS, it dropped by 57%. I've looked at your reviews of everything from 970Ms to 1070s, and they all seem to throttle to around 6000-7000 on 3D Mark 11 on battery. Consequently on battery you get almost no benefit of a 1070 over a 1050. It would be very interesting to see if any manufacturer manages to engineer a battery subsystem that allows less agressive throttling of more powerful GPUs. Such a machine would be a clear winner for mobile gaming and practical given that many laptops ship with 99Whr batteries.

Mobile Gamer

(Missed this intro in above post)
Thank you so much for adding the 3D Mark and Witcher fps scores for gaming on battery, much appreciated. I assume it's the Fire Strike score of 5458 that is reduced by 22%? Sometimes you report on the overall 3dMark11 score on battery, sometimes firestrike. Could you stick to one so that it's possible to compare Laptop scores?

You have THE most thorough and consistent reviews of laptops and GPU chipsets anywhere on the Internet, great work.

Runer112

Quote from: kbuhagiar on February 17, 2017, 20:23:37
Quote from: Andreas Osthoff on February 10, 2017, 13:36:25
Hi guys, we will review the high-end spec as well. The test model (4K, 512 GB PCIe-SSD, i7-7700HQ) should arrive in a couple of days.

Glad to hear this, looking to purchase this exact model, but want to see if there are any updates/improvements on battery life and coil whine. Does anyone know if the bluetooth/wifi conflict issues from the earlier versions were resolved?

Thanks in advance.

I'm looking to purchase this exact model as well, and am very interested to hear how it compares to the lower-end model and the older higher-end model.

Any update on when the higher-end model review might be published? The Dell store (US, at least) is already 2 days into a 7-day 10% off deal for XPS's, including the new XPS 15. It would be wonderful to be able to see this review and make an informed purchase (or not if something is horribly wrong!) before this deal ends.

If you don't think the review will be ready in the next few days, though, that would be nice to know as well. In that case, I would probably just pray that nothing is horribly wrong and buy it before the 10% off deal ends.

Thanks!

Andreas Osthoff

Hi, we are currently still waiting for the test sample, so it will probably take a couple of days before we have any information.

Runer112

Quote from: Andreas Osthoff on February 18, 2017, 11:08:18
Hi, we are currently still waiting for the test sample, so it will probably take a couple of days before we have any information.

Thanks for the update. I guess I'll trust that the high-end model is of good quality as well and purchase it from the Dell store before the 10% off deal ends.

no-no

Do you also experience that the fans start up whenever a USB plug is in or charger cord are in (even if it is fully charged), Dell Adapter | USB Type-C to HDMI / VGA / Ethernet / USB 3.0 and TB 16 of the XPS 15 9560?

Will the computer still work if you disconnect the battery connector to the motherboard? (If used more as a desktop PC)?

wintrezeguet

Before 2/10, I noticed the weight in the specifications was 1.8 kg, but it changed into 1.95kg after the final update. I'd like to ask whether 1.95 is a number actully measured by NBC and whether all reviews of NBC actually measure the weight of notebooks. If not, since the weight might be the only inexact (there can be a big difference between the number officially announced and actually measured) number in the specifications, I suggest that the review can point out where the number comes from, which maybe helpful for the readers.
Anyway, thanks for the elaborate and detailed reviews!

Iguana Divergent

David Danjo

Still waiting for the 4k review. What's the holdup? I thought you guys got the laptop a week ago.

KevinGleave

Quote from: Andreas Osthoff on February 18, 2017, 11:08:18

Any update on this please? :)
Thanks

3KyNoX

Hello, any more informations on eGPU TB3 tests promised on this review ?

Alessandro

Can you provide some information about linux compatibility for this model? Thanks!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview