News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Asus ROG Strix GL502VM Notebook Review

Started by Redaktion, December 17, 2016, 07:55:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Powerful and Slim. The Asus GL502VM is a slim, 15.6 inch gaming laptop which can run games fluidly on its matte, FHD screen. The hardware needs a lot of cooling, so the laptop can get noisy.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-ROG-Strix-GL502VM-Notebook-Review.187341.0.html

Ogulcan

I cant belive you guys put this laptop on top gaming devices.

I have Gl702vm, which has same specs but 17 inch with 1 aditional fan. While running Overwatch on LOW settings, my GPU temps reach 94 C... Because CPU and GPU share all heat pipes, this laptop sucks on cooling. I cant even play high demand games on this device because of fear my gpu gonna melt.

I mean, i respect your reviews but not on this one. You should do more tests about these GL series 1060 laptops. Their cooling is just a joke.

kartikk

I have the GL502VM, and it does support Thunderbolt 3.
Asus has updated the system with the Thunderbolt 3 firmware
https://www.asus.com/us/Notebooks/ROG-GL502VM/HelpDesk_Download/
The update is available under the "others" section.

The Laptop is also compatible with Asus's upcoming ROG XG Station 2
http://www.anandtech.com/show/10920/asus-rog-xg-station-2-egfx-enclosure-with-thunderbolt-3-launched

Kevin Keyken

I have this laptop and I can run Overwatch on Ultra @60 fps without getting too hot. Maybe your system has a bad cooler?

Ogulcan

Quote from: Kevin Keyken on January 10, 2017, 20:09:16
I have this laptop and I can run Overwatch on Ultra @60 fps without getting too hot. Maybe your system has a bad cooler?

did you check internal temps? the case itself is not get hot, wasd area is actually cool. but instal hw monitor next time and check gpu and cpu temps.

Jade Ore

dude the 702 third fan is placed in a bad spot. it actually making the heat stuck in the chassis so the 502 is cooler. look for review on youtube you will see...

EddieT

Hi. Can anyone who owes this laptop if it is noisy?
Or... how noisy is it? Not in full load, but in a medium one. Do the fans start at a medium use (like browsing + movie / Photoshop)?
Thanks

EddieT

Hi. Can anyone who owes this laptop if it is noisy?
Or... how noisy is it? Not in full load, but in a medium one. Do the fans start at a medium use (like browsing + movie / Photoshop)?
Thanks

Patrik Nordlund

I have owned the laptop for about one month, and I can tell you it's extremely quiet while on low to medium load. But once you play games where you have cranked up the setups. It will get quite loud, but if you use any proper headset / headphones you will hardly notice it + you get used to it.

All in all, I would say it's quiet, as its fans really go up a notch once you stress the system.

Raymond Mcdaniel

What would be the best possible monitor specs that i could pair with this laptop?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview