News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Face Off: Asus Zenbook UX360UA vs. HP Spectre x360 13 vs. Vaio Z Flip

Started by Redaktion, October 31, 2016, 21:54:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Flagship convertibles. These 13-inch 2-in-1s are thin and light enough to potentially replace both your existing laptop and tablet. The new Kaby Lake Spectre x360 13 is perhaps the strongest contender in the category yet.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Face-Off-Asus-Zenbook-UX360UA-vs-HP-Spectre-x360-13-vs-Vaio-Z-Flip.181131.0.html

fmyhr

Quotethe lack of any HDMI ports or an integrated SD reader on the HP Spectre can be a deal breaker to some.
Agreed these omissions are unfortunate. But the dealbreaker for me is HP's unfathomable decision to remove active stylus support in this generation. There are tons of "2-in-1" choices, many from HP itself, with OUT stylus support. A big part of what made the previous Spectre x360s unique was their stylus support. In my opinion, it's a tragedy that "2-in-1"s with stylus support get lumped into the same "2-in-1" category as those that don't support stylus. Thus encouraging comparisons like this one, where the stylus-supporting VAIO is somehow considered to be in the same category as two run-of-the-mill foldovers with no stylus input.

It's time for a new category name for computers that have notebook + tablet modes + active stylus. "Note" would make sense except that it's already so abused it's mostly meaningless. Maybe something more explicit would discourage such marketing abuse: "AP2-in-1"? ("Active Pen 2-in1")?

Jackson

This was an INCREDIBLY in depth review. Bravo! Blew me away. I wish more people would review the Asus UX330CA though. Maybe its a Canadian product i dont know

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview