News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Eurocom: 15.6" Sky MX5 R2 Gaming laptop with GeForce GTX 1070

Started by Redaktion, October 17, 2016, 13:53:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Eurocom launched the 15.6" Sky MX5 R2 thin & light gaming laptop series with Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 GPU, Intel Core i7 6700HQ CPU, up to 64 GB memory and 4G LTE support.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Eurocom-15-6-Sky-MX5-R2-Gaming-laptop-with-GeForce-GTX-1070.180547.0.html

Hadikhan

Please review this laptop ASAP!

i am planning to get one of them if they shine in your review!!  ;D

Partum Somnia

I would also like to see this review and 17" model! It seems like the best value laptops since they do not charge you for brand too much.

CDN Made

I've been fortunate enough to see this system and its FANTASTIC!  I used ordered mine and used the Education Discount, so excited to get my hands on it!

Cilliers Prins

Potential power users read this first:

I have the MX5 R2 with GTX 1070, 8GB RAM, 6700HQ. It is not a good gaming experience. I've run tests on all my games and the GTX 1070 in this laptop DOES NOT COME CLOSE to the desktop version. The problem is that Eurocom has shipped these laptops with a 230W power envelope. Problem is that the GTX 1070 requires up to 200W by itself, in certain cases when under load. So as a result, the laptop has been significantly power throttling while I'm gaming demanding titles. I am trying to return the laptop, but the support from Eurocom is very slow. I've been trying to get hold of them for the past 2 days and I've only gotten a reply now.

Cilliers Prins

I've reached a support consultant. Pointed to me that there is a throttling setting in the BIOS that is set to "ON" by default. GPU performance scaling is ENABLED when your laptop comes from the factory. It should be DISABLED. I've ran some more tests and it looks a whole lot better now.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview