News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Dell XPS 13 9360 4K i5-7200U Notebook Review

Started by Redaktion, September 29, 2016, 19:07:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Saotome79

Would it be possible to upload the icc color profile for this panel?

Charles

I wonder if Dell did a crappy job with thermal paste causing the subpar performance and temps. Didn't that happen with the 6560u review notebookcheck did?

Klaus Hinum

ICC Color profile upload is planned, currently running a revised WiFi benchmark (we had to alter the script, as Edge hung after 1-2h running the script and was not refreshing to the next page). Afterwards ICC will be uploaded. However, the profile did not change a lot, perhaps we have to try again to calibrate the display with more patches.
Wurde Dir von einem in unserem Forum oder durch Notebookcheck geholfen? Dann verfass doch einen User Testbericht über dein Notebook und gib damit etwas an die Community zurück!

ReneSo

Quote from: Klaus Hinum on October 03, 2016, 11:03:24
Regarding the HDD like sounds, deactivating sound output and mic has no effect on it, but its very silent. I only hear it (in a very quiet surrounding) under a meeter away and really when I get near the device. Should not be distracting when working (at least for me).

Can you try the shut down and start via button (as written before by me)? Weirdly this solved the issue for me.

Mojavi Viper

+1 on the question about Content adaptive brightness control on this newer model. More specifically is this fixed on gnu/linux?

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Dell_XPS_13_(2016)

Klaus Hinum

Just tried standby and cold boot and with our sample no difference for the coil whining. Asked Dell about CABC, looks to be active here when I look at the results when calibrating the monitor (brightness goes up with full 100% window size after a few seconds).
Wurde Dir von einem in unserem Forum oder durch Notebookcheck geholfen? Dann verfass doch einen User Testbericht über dein Notebook und gib damit etwas an die Community zurück!

taka

Damn!
I've just ordered mine without waiting for review...
I thought it would be a perfect evolution of the 9350 with a refreshed Windows 10 OS But it looks like it's a fail...

A Kaby Lake slower than the Skylake, I think Dell has an issue with their bios tweaks or with the revision of their mobo...
The coil whine issue still here (my old Samsung np900x3c is still unaudible) and the f**king CABC too...
And why did they switch from Samsung to Toshiba SSD ?!

Should have waited one more year...

SL

What about fully speced XPS 13 i7 Kaby Lake Compared to XPS 13 i7 Skylake. Employer will buy me whatever comp I want and I have been waiting for this.. Hold off until XPS 15 Kaby Lake? Initially I didn't go for 2016 model b/c it was toast in roughly 5 hours. Usually I am out in the field away from wall so the 9 hr battery is great. Anyone have any suggestions?

Jabawack

Hi,
someone have problem with sleep with 9360? if i close the lid the screen turns black, but when i re-open this windows not ask me for password (and there is no dalay for screen for reactivate it, like is not really sleep).
On powerplan i can see only the balanced one, no Dell power profile, and i cannot modify any advanced features (like USB, pci...)

The panel seems to be more hot color among the old model (9350).
Can samone confirm that is normal?
Regards

Taka

Ok so there was an issue with the unit !
I am waiting for the clarification, hoping final verdict will be on par with initial expectations

Klaus Hinum

Up to now no sleep issues with our review unit, regarding the reduced performance: It looks like our unit is reducing CPU speed (and GPU speed?) earlier than expected. I suspect e.g. bad thermal paste / pad from SoC to heat pipe, but we are in contact with Dell to see what it is.

Johan

Quote from: SL on October 05, 2016, 02:45:33
What about fully speced XPS 13 i7 Kaby Lake Compared to XPS 13 i7 Skylake. Employer will buy me whatever comp I want and I have been waiting for this.. Hold off until XPS 15 Kaby Lake? Initially I didn't go for 2016 model b/c it was toast in roughly 5 hours. Usually I am out in the field away from wall so the 9 hr battery is great. Anyone have any suggestions?
With the xps13 you can buy an external power pack (the Dell Power Companion) which the 9350 it almost doubled the lifespan of the battery. Perhaps that's an option. 

Jabawack

Only for information, my 9360 with i7-7500U with 16GB ram come with Samsung PM961 500GB.
Cinebench R15 CPU Multi 64Bit : 317
Also i7 limit at 2.8Ghz

Taka

Quote from: Johan on October 06, 2016, 13:49:24
Quote from: SL on October 05, 2016, 02:45:33
With the xps13 you can buy an external power pack (the Dell Power Companion) which the 9350 it almost doubled the lifespan of the battery. Perhaps that's an option.

Alternatively, you can opt for the 1080p non touch version, the laptop is a bit lighter and the stamina is way better, you can reach 9 hours of battery life

Roger

Excellent review, just waiting for the performance clarification to see if this new update is worth it.

A quick question, if I buy the version with the 128gb SSD (SATA, non PCIe), can I later change it myself for a 512gb PCIe SSD? Dell's prices are too much, but I wonder if every 9360 model supports PCIe SSDs even if they are shipped with a 128gb SATA one.

Thanks!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview