News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Zotac announces Magnus EN1060 and EN1070 Mini PCs with Nvidia Pascal

Started by Redaktion, August 30, 2016, 10:28:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The popular gaming E series gets GTX 1060 and GTX 1070 options alongside the Core i5-6400T CPU. Prices and availability have not yet been announced.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Zotac-announces-Magnus-EN1060-and-EN1070-Mini-PCs-with-Nvidia-Pascal.172681.0.html

Andrew Powell

Why wouldn't they just build it with the freaking i5-6300HQ instead of the 6400T? The 6300HQ draws the same power on average even under full load (the 6300HQ is a 45w CPU but that's also counting for the 10w iGPU included, so it's comparable to a 35w model in any case) AND it runs cooler than anything else out there save for ULV chips.

Oh did I mention it's got a higher base AND boost clockspeed than the 6400T?

6400T = 2.2GHz to 2.8GHz maximum boost.

6300HQ = 2.3GHz to 3.2GHz maximum boost.

Yes it's only a single core boost for the max, but the full chip can do 2.8GHz across the whole CPU at 100% load. It's just... silly to buy this for any reason. You get essentially the guts of a 15" laptop... and have to supply your own monitor and otherwise. Boggles my mind when I see this kind of thing. xD

lampuiho

You need to have a look at the tray price.
6300HQ is more expensive because it can operate at a higher clock rate with higher TDP while still at a considerably low TDP.

Jok

@Andrew,
I have my 24 inch all-in-one PC in a modern bureau desk in my living room. This new Zotac seem perfect as a replacement.

I dont want a huge floorstanding PC, but a hidden, silent and efficient one. I can fit an Acer 27" in the desk in front of this. A laptop is to small.

You have space in your adolescent room -> classic gamer PC
You need a hidden/small but efficient living room set up -> Zotac EN1070

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview