News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Dell Precision 3510 Workstation Review

Started by Redaktion, July 24, 2016, 06:52:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Economy project. The mobile workstation Dell Precision 3510 is an inexpensive entry-level model with many positive characteristics, but the review configuration can still not convince us.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Dell-Precision-3510-Workstation-Review.169566.0.html

Richard

Do you know if it's passible to combine an M.2 SSD and a HDD?

Richard

Alberto García

Robert

Quote from: Richard on August 02, 2016, 17:18:15

Yes with the 4cell battery you can combine 2,5" HD/SSD with m.2 SSD with 6cell battery only m.2 SSD.

The 720p sucks majorly of course. Should have tested it with the 1080p screen.

rudepeople

I couldn't help but notice this thing has an m.2 slot for a wwan card. In researching that slot it seems that an M.2 2242  PCIe SSD (not NVMe) could be used, like an ADATA Premier SP600NS34... Am I correct?

I've done some homework on the subject of m.2, but thus far it seems I am just generating more questions than answers... very confusing interface... even the wiki article has stumped me.

icey

I don't believe it is possible to have both the m.2 SSD and the SATA HDD, regardless of the battery size. Similar to Latitude 5570, of which the Precision 3510 shares the same case design, the HDD covers the position where the m.2 card would go so user has to opt for only one of those.

Not sure if it's possible to use the WWAN slot for SDD instead, like it was possible on older Latitudes (7440). If so it will probably not be possible to boot from it.

Emile

Quote from: rudepeople on September 24, 2016, 06:19:30
I couldn't help but notice this thing has an m.2 slot for a wwan card. In researching that slot it seems that an M.2 2242  PCIe SSD (not NVMe) could be used, like an ADATA Premier SP600NS34... Am I correct?

I've done some homework on the subject of m.2, but thus far it seems I am just generating more questions than answers... very confusing interface... even the wiki article has stumped me.

I can confirm that a SATA type ssd works and is bootable when used in the WWAN slot. slot size is about 46mm compared to the other slot's  80mm.

Juan Saez

Quote from: Robert on September 09, 2016, 11:33:12
Quote from: Richard on August 02, 2016, 17:18:15

Yes with the 4cell battery you can combine 2,5" HD/SSD with m.2 SSD.
Hi,
Are you sure about this?
If I take a SSD 256 Go M2 2280 SATA3 from Dell, can I use the 2,5" bay to put a 2nd disk?

dthrp

@Juan Saez:
It depends on your battery configuration. The biggest battery can only accommodate M.2-2280 whereas the other smaller batteries will leave room for a 7mm 2.5" drive. Check the online PDF user manual.

battery-store.eu

Yes with the 4cell battery you can combine 2,5" HD/SSD with m.2 SSD with 6cell battery only m.2 SSD.

The 720p sucks majorly of course. Should have tested it with the 1080p screen. >:D
Dell WJ5R2 Laptop Battery 9Cell is the best replacement battery for Dell Precision 3510

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview