News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Microsoft updates Windows 10 hardware requirements

Started by Redaktion, May 24, 2016, 13:54:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Windows 10 desktop now requires at least 2 GB RAM, but Microsoft also approved 7-inch tablets and up to 9-inch Windows 10 Mobile devices.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Microsoft-updates-Windows-10-hardware-requirements.166077.0.html

Meteorhead

Windows 10 Mobile requires at least 1 GB of RAM (and another year of polishing) to run properly.

Codrut Nistor

To be honest, I don't know if it has another year to prove itself worthy. I got more than just one friend who switched to Windows 10 Mobile in the last few years, just to get back to Android or iOS after a few months. My personal opinion is that Windows Mobile is much better than its desktop counterpart, but it arrived too late  on the market.

falken

on mobile, its obvious that hw requirements are higher than described and still it isnt so instant as Win81 SL-based (AgCore + CoreCLR/Native) code. Trying to push UWP down to mobile devices is bad decision, although it simplifies something - finally its not working well. If I would be somewhere at Microsoft, I would as soon as possible revitalize Silverlight on mobile devices, at least on ARMs but why not on low-end x86 and build something like UWP but from bottom-to-up, to develop "mobile first" with possibility to upscale apps even on tablets or even full desktop, using native hw-accelerated Silverlight graphics engine (AgCore) also HERE AGAIN for windowed apps, with all the desktop power for CPU too, not pushing lowest energy consumption here too much as on smallest mobile phones. Windows8.1 SL-based UI/UX simply works well starting 2-core/1G SoCs so for sure on anything bigger must be perfect too; I did already device-restores to Win8.1 on the 4-core/1G phone, the 4-core/1G tablet and will do the same with the desktop... really; as on my current hardware AMD A8-3530MX/16G it is working "quite well" in Windows10, but I prefer to limit myself even for development still for Win8.1 base, on mobile and desktop. While on mobile, SL-based apps behave and look and feel better than near-to-UWP approach testable here.
It is something wrong in Microsoft state...

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview