News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Acer Aspire S 13 S5-371 Notebook First Impressions

Started by Redaktion, May 03, 2016, 09:13:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Slim 'n Fast. Just introduced and already in our test lab: The brand new Acer Aspire S13 succeeds its predecessors in the segment of ultra slim notebooks (S series) at Acer. We already have a first final device available and want to share our first test results in this article. Last update: May-05 12:50.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Acer-Aspire-S-13-S5-371-Notebook-First-Impressions.164894.0.html

Mohammed

Thanks for your perfect reviews on different laptops.
Actually  i'am going to buy an ultrabook with average price and i'am comparing between the acer s13 i5 with 4 DDR and asus zenbook with m core and 4 DDR.
What do you recommend for me?
And kindly let me konw if i have better options that those 2 laptops.

Pavlo

X YZ

Same as Allan, I would really like to know if the memory is soldered or upgradable (or both). I found a reseller displaying that there was one available slot but I don't quite trust resellers' specifications, and the model can't be found on Acer's website...

Bob

For those asking, no the RAM is not upgradeable (even on the newer models with Intel's Kaby Lake processors), it is soldered on. You can however change the M.2 SSD if you wish to.

I think if the RAM was upgradeable and the fan not so high pitched this would likely have been the best ultrabook for the price.

andreid

A word of advice :

I purchased this ultrabook and after about 3 months, I started having screen issues. I had it repaired twice, resulting in 2 swapped motherboards and 2 lcd cables. Acer wouldn't refund it so... it might not be the bargain you were looking for.

damian

Absolutely horrible build quality. Within weeks of light use the display bezel began to peel away from the LCD due to the pressure at the hinges. Unlike other Acers, all of the pressure is at the two points on left and right, instead of all the way across. Huge huge design mistake that puts Acer to shame.

Ab

I bought this notebook second hand in very good condition in around $200 (i3/8/128) and could not be more happier. I sortlisted Dell E7450 touch and Aspire S13 and went with Acer because Dell's display is dimmer and glass makes it almost impossible to see in bright lights.

Considering the asking price, I dont think I would have been able to find anythiing better. The bright and colorful IPS display is the crown jewel plus the slim and lightweight design and snappy performance makes this easy to recommend.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview