News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Asus ZenBook Pro UX501VW Notebook Review

Started by Redaktion, February 03, 2016, 09:06:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Skylake all-rounder. The popular UX501 series gets Skylake, DDR4, USB Type-C with Thunderbolt 2.0, and a few other minor changes. Is this a vast improvement over last year's Haswell model?

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-ZenBook-Pro-UX501VW-Notebook-Review.158762.0.html

Rzrph

Can somebody confirm it's thunderbolt 2 and not thunderbolt 3 support through the USB -C 3.1? According to all other sources it's it's thunderbolt 3. Check Asus Website, Amazon spec/reviews etc.
Is this a special version or is the author wrong?
This makes a hugh difference if you're interested in a thunderbolt E-GPU in the future.
Otherwise good review, thanks!

zacsaturday

Quote from: Rzrph on February 03, 2016, 14:53:34
Can somebody confirm it's thunderbolt 2 and not thunderbolt 3 support through the USB -C 3.1? According to all other sources it's it's thunderbolt 3. Check Asus Website, Amazon spec/reviews etc.
Is this a special version or is the author wrong?
This makes a hugh difference if you're interested in a thunderbolt E-GPU in the future.
Otherwise good review, thanks!

I think its a typo, Thunderbolt 2 is not compatible with Type C and Intel/Thunderbolt say that the UX501VW has a TB3 port.

pebezo

I think it's more than a typo:

QuoteThe port supports Thunderbolt 2 instead of Thunderbolt 3 and Asus has elected to remove the mDP port as found on the original UX501JW to cut down on costs.

TB3 includes mDP, so if the device has TB3 then the mDP missing remark doesn't make sense.

DaudiR

Can someone show me the similarly specced XPS 15 that costs $1500?
Because as far as I can tell, this config is at least $600 cheaper than the XPS one. UHD, 512 NVMe, 6700HQ. I don't know about the reviewer but where I come from $600 is a bargain.

Zoli

Can somebody point me to a FHD, 60Whr battery model of UX501VW? Thanks!

Harold

Does this model open up the same way as the previous one? Do you have to take off the rubber feet to access hidden screws?

ME

Did you notice any electrical noise coming from the center of the keyboard when you were doing your review ? I just returned mine for that issue and also because I believe that some of the wiring was faulty because of persistent feedback into my speakers when the laptop was charging but not active.

faith

Ricardo

I have this notebook, UHD screen but it has matte finish  ;D, the screen isn't touch, and has all other top of the line features.

Cheers!

Ryasnoy Paul

What about "coil whine noise" ??
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzVAK5Llx_M

Percy01

Please, can anybody tell me something about the FHD matte 15" screen of the UX501VW? Or are there good estimations on how good it probably is?
I would like to buy that model, but I have not found any review that tested it.
Any voice would be much appreciated!

Percy01

Apparently, it uses the same display panel as the new Asus G501VW FHD.(but maybe with high-frequency/no PWM).
http://www.gaminglaptopsjunky.com/asus-zenbook-pro-ux501vw-review -> see first comment and its replies

Just in case anybody is interested.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview