News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Acer Aspire V5-591G-71K2 Notebook Review

Started by Redaktion, December 24, 2015, 19:38:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Premium allrounder. Quad core processor, GeForce GTX 950M graphics core and 8 GB DDR4 RAM turn the Aspire into a gaming capable multimedia allrounder. In general, the computer left a good impression, but its display is a bit weak.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Acer-Aspire-V5-591G-71K2-Notebook-Review.156375.0.html

Joeazphx

A funny screen. The gamut covers a lot more than sRGB but is way below Adobe RGB range, which is rare and OK. The coloration is awful just like being intentionally made to be not close to the standard lol.

tourdoreille

I admit this screen is rather weird, colors are flashy and I would say quite pleasing but the matte coating looks too greasy and the narrow view angles due to poor TN technology is a real turn-off. Constrast/brightness are also pretty bad and adjusting the gamma value just make the whole thing worse...
I was looking for a calibrated ICC profile, I tried the one provided in the article but it actually worsened the situation: whites have a pinky-ish tint and seem to "drip". When I look from the top, the dispay turns green, from the bottom it turns pink.
I wonder if this file contains calibrated values?
Otherwise I'm quite clueless on how to improve the display a bit, any help would be much appreciated and I would be really thankful to anyone who could provide any useful information!

belalik

Hello ..

I am thinking of buying this laptop, but cant really make my mind on it .. The strongest advantage is the low price, combined with good hardware - especially in my country (GR) similar laptops are substantially more expensive..

However, the main reason troubling me is the noise & heat of this machine. In other reviews, people insist that the fan is fairly loud, or at least audible, whenever the laptop is powered up. There are only few reviews and contradicting opinions on this ..

From people that have already purchased and used this laptop - what do you see? Is the fan off during idle? And what does 'idle' really mean? If you have -say- a browser with 5-10 tabs, and some music playing, does that constitute idle?

What sort of load would start stressing the laptop - resulting in fan noise & heat? Could you give some more examples?

Also - I know one can turn on 'saver mode' or in more detail turn down the tdp wattage to 35 and generally run the laptop in lower power. Would that ensure 'idle' mode, i.e. less than 35db fan noise? But then, should one perhaps stick to a dual-core cpu altogether? ..

See .. Kind of troubled, so can't make up my mind.

I am not interested in gaming - the only demanding apps would be perhaps some development (need for VMs, but I think memory is more important there), perhaps some photo-editing stuff and very very rarely some video editing (no 3D).

Any thoughts?

Razvan

Hi,
I`m considering buying this laptop and I can`t decide betwin this one and the Lenovo Y50-70 (GTX 960M, 4K).
Can you help me with some pointers regarding the decission?
In my country (Romania) the Lenovo its slighter more expensive (20 euros)
Thank you.

Mode

I have in Rainbow six siege low settings 30-40 FPS

Mode

I have this Laptop and i doesn`t have 111 fps in Rainbow six siege low settings
i have 20-40 fps

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview