News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Face Off: MSI GT72S vs. Asus G752 vs. Clevo P870DM

Started by Redaktion, November 19, 2015, 08:19:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Ultimate gaming machine. How convenient to see the 17.3-inch MSI GT72S, Asus G752, and Clevo P870DM all launch at pretty much the same time frame. It's only natural that we put them all together for our latest comparison Face Off to see which can be considered the best.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Face-Off-MSI-GT72S-vs-Asus-G752-vs-Clevo-P870DM.152276.0.html

George

According to Intel... The 6700HQ and the 6820HK have the same price tag...

Ivan Sarafanov

Throughout this article I cannot tell if you are referring to the GT72S 6QF Dragon 004 with the desktop 980, or the 6QE with the mobile 980 variant. You start by displaying and mentioning the former, but later when you go into benchmarks, you seem to be referencing the 980m version. This is very confusing.

Al_Jourgensen

Believe me the MSI is great but as to many issues    https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=263024.0

Al_Jourgensen

svend007

Forgive me if I'm wrong but it looks like the MSI has a bay without a header!
Also M2 sata drives are not particularly cheap (in UK anyway) and will be phased out soon, so unless you already happen to have one, you wouldn't buy one now. Then there's the issue that you can put a desktop 6700K in the P870DM.
No brainer I'd say, although I think I'd prefer the P771DM based machines for a little more portability!

jeff

This is in no way a balanced comparison. At the very least the Asus should have had the 980M and the Clevo should have also had a 980M.
Its like taking 3 car manufactures loading one with the 8 cylinder model not offered by the other manufactures, and in a completely different class. One has a 6 cylinder (MSI) and one has a 4 cylinder (Asus). But Asus also has a 6 cylinder model but we won't be testing that.
Now lets race them and compare their power and attributes. 

Not exactly a useful comparison.  Unless your Clevo.

fair_judge

There is no way this is a fair comparison, first of all the ASUS model compared is the cheaper one, to be at the same level it would need to be the ASUS G752VY model that comes with an 980M and a i7-6820HK, for this Face-Off is like they want to make the ASUS look weak. If you want a real face-off you need to compare all best models, showing everything the brands have to offer.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview