News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 (SM-N920A) Smartphone Review

Started by Redaktion, August 30, 2015, 08:12:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The modern pen and paper. Who needs college-ruled paper and lead pencil when the Galaxy Note 5 does it all? The Note 5 may be a great successor to the Note 4, but don't throw away that classic notepad just yet.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Samsung-Galaxy-Note-5-SM-N920A-Smartphone-Review.149124.0.html

Andrei Mitran

@ Allen Ngo  Hello. Great review. I live in Romania, where Note 5 is not available yet. I have a 2.5 years old Note 2 and I'm interested to make an upgrade to Note 4 or 5. The most important specs for me are, in this order:
  1-2. the display  (resolution, colours etc.), the software/hardware (power, chipset etc.);
  3-4. the camera, the battery.
  The full retail price is now 585 € for Note 4 and it will be (I guess) 760 € for Note 5. My question: is it worth the difference?
I'm not interested in removable battery, expandable storage or IR blaster.
   Thank you.
   Andrei Mitran

benbenben

Don't quite understand.  The note 5's back panel is made of glass, NOT plastic. Everybody else who has used it or reviewed it has raved about its premium feel and how great it feels in their hands. Did you really even hold it? I don't understand how you can even think it feels cheap.

Allen.Ngo

Thanks for the correction, made the small change as necessary. Yes it is a premium construction, i am pointing out that some users may not be a fan of the new smooth glossy back as it is an about face from the Note 4.

If you're not interested in both the removable battery or expandable storage and would prefer the better display and hardware, then the Note 5 is worth considering over the Note 4. Especially if you plan on using it for at least a year or two.

Sebastienbo

Quote from: Andrei Mitran on August 30, 2015, 16:53:28
@ Allen Ngo  Hello. Great review. I live in Romania, where Note 5 is not available yet. I have a 2.5 years old Note 2 and I'm interested to make an upgrade to Note 4 or 5. The most important specs for me are, in this order:
  1-2. the display  (resolution, colours etc.), the software/hardware (power, chipset etc.);
  3-4. the camera, the battery.
  The full retail price is now 585 € for Note 4 and it will be (I guess) 760 € for Note 5. My question: is it worth the difference?
I'm not interested in removable battery, expandable storage or IR blaster.
   Thank you.
   Andrei Mitran

89% is overated.

The flaws in my eyes is the lack of 1)
usb-c because in one year everyone will have that connector + it charges much faster the phone..
2) no micro sd card...16mp pictures are 8mb each and the remaining storage on the 32th variant is 12 gb.
That doesn't leave much space for photos, movies, music or documents...
I currently have the note 3 with 32 gb + 64 gb micro sd and both are almost full... Don't forget on android you cannot fill a partition for more then 80% (it will block all writings to protect itself so that it can continue to work , that's why suddenly they become slow

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview