News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Dell Inspiron 15-5558 Notebook Review

Started by Redaktion, July 03, 2015, 09:18:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Dark screen. Dell sends a 15.6-inch all-rounder into the fight for buyers' favor with its Inspiron 15-5558. The laptop pleases with an IPS screen that, however, has a much too low brightness. Dell could have been a bit less tightfisted with the GPU.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Dell-Inspiron-15-5558-Notebook-Review.145836.0.html

Nikko6363

Hello,
The Dell Support said me that the i5558 doesn't have an IPS screen but a TN.

V.Ramprasath

:)wowww amazing performance,power manager is good.. good for using.. :D

Jadranko

Dell should really care more about their products and potential customers. This case with IPS screen nowhere available in shops is just one example.
While backlit keyboards are common for 5000 series, and particularly for this 5558 model in USA, India, even Vietnam, that is not the case for the models offered in Europe. But here comes the craziest part - the prices are almost the same everywhere, which means that the simplest 5558 model with Intel i3 4005U processor offered on the far east markets costs as much as models sold in the EU!? Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=we4kUDJRkMc
and this one even comes with Windows OS, while we have Ubuntu!
How's that even possible, and why such 'IT discrimination' from Dell?! I did contact Dell USA, but they just say -  "please be informed that the computers that you can see on US Dell website is not all available with other countries because od parts availability." If not sad it would be laughable. Outrageous!

Darren James

I've found that Inspirons are horrifically fragile and unreliable. Avoid.

Stewards8888

Dell Inspiron 5558 15.6-inch Laptop is one of the best laptop which has best hardware configuration. Its an ideal laptop both for home as well as professional users. It runs smoothly and comes with best features. To know more click this link http://amzn.to/1Xt1xLH

anup

I didn't find any different between 5558 i5 5th gen and 3543 i5 5th gen except price. Can any one explain why 5558 is better than 3543. I am really confuse

jerebrag

What is the battery life for the touch screen version of the dell inspiron 5548 or 5558 ?

billmiddletown

I just purchased this unit from St@ples at a ridiculously LOW price. On sale for ~ $150 LESS than the MFR.

I did want to point something out here - and am curious: Out of the box, hit the power button, and got it all set up as expected.

...but NOTICED an oddity in the background screen, in the lower-right-hand portion does it have a PC/Laptop Manufacturer's logo, and it's _NOT_ "Dell." Giving me the impression that Dell had NOTHING to do with this unit. If I went by the desktop background that came installed/with this unit, I'd say it's manufactured by @SUS. (That is the logo on the desktop.)

Boo-boo on Dell's part perhaps, or is this getting to be common-knowledge that @SUS is making the laptops for Dell? Curious. It wasn't a deal-breaker for me - the unit is still a VERY economical unit and performs quite well for what I use it for more so what I paid for it. Finally, I like that brand as well as I do Dell - so it's NO loss for me t'all!

Fred

The 5558 replaced my old N5010.  It's a better PC in every way.  Performance not so much, but then processor and graphics are fairly equal.  Mine differs from the above review by having a back-light keyboard.  For about $500 I couldn't find anything better.  It runs Linux (Chakra) without issues, so for the week I've had it I'm happy with it. 

Bayrami

Dell is the worst company i ever seen. after 4 month this laptop start showing a bunch of problems and defects i have a problem with dedicated graphics i returned 2 times for repair and nothing happened they recives to me with unsolved defect. they not acept to repair. im very disapointed  i will never buy their product or recomend to others.I'm going for apple product they have the best support i ever seen also their products defect is near to zero .

Bob

keirth kilat

pls help me where to find the touch pad configuration menu because i didnt saw mine

Gordon

I bought this Dell because I never had a problem with my previous Dell computers.  Not only has this been the worst Dell computer I have owned, but it has been the worst computer I have ever owned!  One problem after the other.  It has been shipped back to the Service Centre 2X.  The 2nd day I had it Win10 had to be reloaded and it went downhill from there.  To say that I have spend at least 30 - 50+ hours on the telephone with service reps would not be an exaggeration.  Now, for whatever the reason, it is giving off a terrible nauseous smell that if turned on I can be around it for only a few minutes.  The smell hangs around for about 3 days.  I have asked for Dell to replace it and restore my faith in Dell but was told that just about everything in this laptop would have to fail at the same time for this to happen.  Would I buy another Dell?  You cou not give me a Dell product!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview