News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

MSI GT72 (Broadwell) Notebook Review

Started by Redaktion, July 01, 2015, 10:15:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Top-Notch. Since our last update article on the MSI 17 inch gaming laptop, the manufacturer has modified certain features. Although our test model, the GT72-2QE16SR21BW, lacks Nvidia G-Sync technology, the Wide-View display entices us to take a closer look.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/MSI-GT72-Broadwell-Notebook-Review.144906.0.html

Nice Laptop

I like this laptop, performance looks good!  You say in the review that one of the cons is that the GPU throttles under full load - that's only the case when running Furmark so is not a useful assertion to make, because it will not throttle under gaming loads - gives the wrong impression.  Furmark testing of GPUs has no relevance these days in my opinion.  You also say that the CPU is not much of an improvement, but during your Prime95 stress test it maintained 3.2Ghz on the core - I can't recall any CPU that you've tested that has been able to maintain such a high frequency during Prime95 testing - correct me if I'm wrong please?

Not sure I like an IPS screen though, response time a bit slow, plus you mention the screen burn.

Iwantthisnoteb

I would like to know about the "burn" in the display CON, does it mean dead pixels??

expertI thi

I think it is the first time when notebookcheck.net  has written about screen burning.  It would deserve   one article about it. This phenomenon is absent in TN. IPS suffers from this, according to me, touch displays are more susceptible (i noticed it in Lenovo Helix and Yoga). I also think, the burning occurs  only at display edges (roughly 4cm wide)

You can test it yourself: let white-black checkerboard pattern displayed for some time (30s-4min is optimal for testing). Then display something different, for example solid color. It affects only darker mid-tones( I guess  25-50% black). You will notice, that the areas, where white was before, are now lighter.  The effect disappears  (according to me) in the same time that it takes it to "set" in, so 1-3 minutes.

I think that notebooks should be  tested for this behavior also.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview