News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Face Off: Dell XPS 13 vs. Apple MacBook Pro 13 vs. Asus ZenBook UX305

Started by Redaktion, June 07, 2015, 03:15:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Small systems with big resolutions. How much are you willing to sacrifice for a superthin 13.3-inch QHD+ notebook? We compare three available today to see which can come out on top.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Face-Off-Dell-XPS-13-vs-Apple-MacBook-Pro-13-vs-Asus-ZenBook-UX305.144230.0.html

sam-bedy

In your recently post of The Best Notebook Displays As Reviewed By Notebookcheck http://www.notebookcheck.net/The-Best-Notebook-Displays-As-Reviewed-By-Notebookcheck.120541.0.html
The Asus ZenBook UX305 is better than RMBP 13'......
But here RMBP 13' is winner.

Satrio

WARNING !!

Maybe you should make the Emmission section on the top, Notebookcheck..

I just damaged my ear because of noisy notebook :'( , it start 2 days ago, i hope it's temporary. It like low frequency noise in my inner left head. My notebook is noisy even when idle. I didnt expect it before because it's not loud, just noisy

Jeffrey Bellin

Something is wrong with your pricing information regarding the Asus UX305.  This model, equipped as is yours in the article, sells everywhere in the U.S. for $699, yet you show it priced at $999.  At the latter price, it would not appear to be a particularly impressive entry, considering all that it lacks compared to the unevenly matched Dell and Apple models.  But at 50% off the price of the other two models, the Asus' many high end components and build quality at least make its inclusion in this comparison meaningful.  You do both Asus (to which I have no connection) and your readers a disservice with this blatant mistake; I suggest you correct it somewhere more noticeable than here in the comments section.

Allen.Ngo

Yop

Here in Belgium :
- Apple pro 13 with i5, 8go, 256gb, retina = 1649 €
- Dell xps 13 with i7-5500, 8go, 256gb, QHD+ = 1499 €
- Asus ux305 with 5Y10, 8go, 256gb, QHD+ = 875€

I'm stunned by the difference with your prices (from USA ?).

Allen.Ngo

Quote from: Yop on June 22, 2015, 14:22:01
Here in Belgium :
- Apple pro 13 with i5, 8go, 256gb, retina = 1649 €
- Dell xps 13 with i7-5500, 8go, 256gb, QHD+ = 1499 €
- Asus ux305 with 5Y10, 8go, 256gb, QHD+ = 875€

I'm stunned by the difference with your prices (from USA ?).

These are indeed US prices, either from a major reseller or as suggested MSRP from the manufacturers. The problem is that prices fluctuate and vary by region wildly, and that not all configurations are available everywhere.

mikedoeslife

Wow, y'all might literally be the only website that rated the XPS 13's keyboard over the Macbook Air's. Interesting.

muhammed bayram

you mention mac book pro's thunderbolt ports and favour it for more connectivity options but you never talk about xps's thunderbolt 3 port neither in text nor in table. Why?

Happy

One thing that the reviewer failed to mention is the comparison about their chargers. I decided to go with the Dell purely based on the compact size of Dell's charger. However, the issue with the small Dell charger is that it takes way longer to recharge the battery.

jkizzil

The problem is PC manufacturers can't compete in Mac's own category, whether in the macbook pro or Macbook Air competitors. Myself, I don't really care about laptops and use a Samsung Chromebook or a 7" tablet when I'm on the go. Total cost of those? 235 bucks when bought on sale lol. I have a custom built desktop at home with triple displays that would cost WAYYY more if buying same specs as a mac. Apple just doesn't offer what I want, but offers great products. If I had just one device at all though, I'd probably get the MBP. I see why students in dorm rooms want these due to limited space and needing the performance being in classrooms or wherever.

thisreviewisdumb

Why the hell aren't you comparing comparative models of the three lines? You have the i5 model in the Dell, the i7 model in the macbook and A FREAKING M MODEL IN THE ZENBOOK. This comparison is a joke.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview