News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Apple refreshes the 15-inch MacBook Pro

Started by Redaktion, May 20, 2015, 11:37:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The refreshed MacBok Pro comes with new AMD Radeon R9 M370X discrete graphics, offering up tp 80% more performance than the old models.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Apple-refreshes-the-15-inch-MacBook-Pro.142777.0.html

Daniel Gianstefani

Why Apple do not use nVidia gfx processors is beyond me.  This is a premium laptop and people who buy Apple are evidently not concerned with cost, so why use AMD?  Nvidia is better in every way except price!

Andrey Konstantinov

Quote from: Daniel Gianstefani on May 20, 2015, 11:45:23
Why Apple do not use nVidia gfx processors is beyond me.  This is a premium laptop and people who buy Apple are evidently not concerned with cost, so why use AMD?  Nvidia is better in every way except price!

Two reasons I can think of:

1) Apple claims external monitor resolution up to 5120x2160 for the M370X equipped MBP. Could be that it's so far not feasible with Nvidia cards?

2) Due to their architecture (weaker cores than Nvidia but higher quantity), AMD cards are better suited for many professional workloads.

Otherwise, I am also quite surprised, was expecting them to use a GTX 950M.

ConTapas

One main reason:
Apple changes suppliers constantly as a bargaining strategy to push cost down and maximize profit since this cost reduction does not translate to lower price for customers. See Samsung and LG for screens, AMD and Nvidia for graphics and so on. Unfortunately this happens even at the expense of not giving the best to its customers. Obviously, nVidia is a better choice but I guess shareholder are more important to Apple than customers...

Maks

Jeopard Dickstein

Quote from: Maks on May 21, 2015, 01:00:08
When will they put there 32 Gb of RAM??

when ddr4 with smaller form factor becomes the standard with skylake.  not a good time to buy computers right now since much better is around the corner (2017).

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview