News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Stupidity of rating system!!

Started by Ablab, April 02, 2015, 10:55:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Ablab

The following phrase can be read here, when scrolling down: http://www.notebookcheck.net/Gigabyte-P35K-v3.137365.0.html

Quote80%: This rating is not convincing. The laptop is evaluated below average, this is not really a recommendation for purchase.

Wow! Need I say more? Of course I must, otherwise it wouldn't stand here.

So a rating of 80% is BELOW average?? Really? I mean... REALLY??? You have a range from 0-100 and 80% is BELOW AVERAGE. "Joke - come out! Let me laugh!".

So what is average then? 85%? It's like the rating system in computer games: only good from 85-100%, everything else is bad. The real rating system is only between 70% and 100%, while 70% is the lowest value. The range from 0-69% is unused. Ridiculous!

Stefan Hinum

Most websites don't dare to provide really bad ratings because they fear the wrath of the manufacturers. Therefore, the average rating of the available reviews in the web indeed is far above 50%. The question is not whether it is ridiculous but whether that is a fact.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview