News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

HP ZBook 15 G2 Workstation Long-Term Review

Started by Redaktion, March 23, 2015, 05:32:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Under observation - Part 2. HP's ZBook 15 G2 has been in our long-term test for some weeks now, and has to show whether it can keep what it promises in the long run after passing through our regular test procedures. Besides our experiences with the review sample, we will also deal with the topic of multi-monitor operation in our first status report. The following article discloses the experiences we have made until now.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/HP-ZBook-15-G2-Workstation-Long-Term-Review.138756.0.html

gary

Just let any of my staff request a €4300+ notebook... I will be showing them the door quick smart... notebook workstations are overpriced and underperforming dinosaurs.. and a lot of unsubstantiated hype about benifits of workstation vs gaming GPU's.

Thomas zay

I have an 8730W and let me tell you it's worth every cent. Built and quality is second to none. You get what you pay for. As for gaming systems they are expensive and worthless.

D

Quote from: gary on March 23, 2015, 11:59:50
Just let any of my staff request a €4300+ notebook... I will be showing them the door quick smart... notebook workstations are overpriced and underperforming dinosaurs.. and a lot of unsubstantiated hype about benifits of workstation vs gaming GPU's.
Majority of notebook workstations are less then 2000€. I'm not saying they are cheap, but they are very similary priced to better gaming laptops. But the quality, durability and reliability is top-notch. Try one, you will note the difference, no more cracked plastic around hinges, no more 6month battery, no glossy screen, 3year warranty...

Pangalactic

I agree, the price is absolutely ridiculous. And people complaining about "Gaming notebook" being low quality have absolutely no idea what they are talking about. I've had 3 Vaios (not gaming), one Lenovo w520, two custom build Clevos, and one MSI, all of them are two years or older now and NOT A SINGLE PROBLEM with any of them.

And for $4300 you can buy three normal laptops in a row, which will outlast any workstation you can think of.

JK

i'm not sure the review is trustworthy.I've tried to render a simple 3d scene and cpu temperatures reaches a wooping 97dC ~210 F  and that is not okay at all.In the review you specify 65dC under maximum load-i dont find it to be realistic

George O'Neil

I have the Zbook 15 G2 and I'm considering adding the 230w docking station for my office in order to access multiple displays and devices efficiently.  Does anyone have any experience connecting a mechanical keyboard to such a setup?  I prefer to use a gaming, mechanical, cherry keybpard by Corsair rather than the supplied chicklits on the workstation.

Thank you.

Joey Ubels

I know i'm a bit late here but I got this model mid2018 for a decent price (around 600$) and it still performs really wel for gaming! I'm also studying IT and it works really well the only thing i hate is the poor battery (atleast in 2018) i only have 2 hours of worktime and even less while gaming... that external battery isn't really handy for me because i'm not in an office environment but overall this laptop is better then most laptops even today and all that for about 600$

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview