News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon Ultrabook Review

Started by Redaktion, March 16, 2015, 05:35:10

Previous topic - Next topic

biesty

Hey I noticed in the pic of the M.2 SSD there is an empty slot above it.  Will an mSATA fit in there? 

Till Schönborn

Dominic

Tell me please, how you can give this laptop score 87% with such a bad display. Brightness of this one is ridiculous bad. Work on this more than half hour is impossible - eyes pain ... it is very bad product ...

MaD

In addition Lenovo Service is the worst ever. Wanted to check it out and got one.
My X1 Carbon came with a flickering screen caused by a crack hidden under the frame. Lenonvo refused to exchange since the crack meanwhile has spread over whole screen. That is called fraud not warranty.

Pete

Does anyone know if it's possible to swap the X1 Carbon 2nd gen keyboard with this new X1 Carbon 3rd gen?

The 2nd gen keyboard pisses me off so much. I constantly get the urge to drop kick it into an industrial shreader

Nomarkup

Great Laptop. For the Aussies in here, www.nomarkup.com.au has Lenovo X1 Carbon ThinkPad's for COST PRICE. Gen 4 and Gen 5. Check it out https://www.nomarkup.com.au/shop/notebooks/lenovo-x1-carbon-g4-i5-6300u/

Yes you heard right. Nomarkup sells products at wholesale value. See for youself.

Erik

I do not have a meter for screen brigthness, but this laptop has a screen which (too) agressively adapts to external ambient light. By default this dims the screen even with AC attached (you can disable this feature in the extended power settings). With the feature disabled the WQHD panel should provide the listed 300 nits (the HD+ panel is 250 nits). Without any measurements taken I would guess that the 300 nits measurement is right for this laptop as it is just a tad bit dimmer than my ZenBook with its bright screen of 330 nits. So the QHD panel is definitely not 250 nits IMHO. Thanks...

NVMe SSD?

Hi,

how is it possible that you have this laptop with NVMe disk? All over the internet is spread that x1 carbon 2015 BIOS doesnt support NVMe. Actually I bought 970 Evo NVMe and bios complains about this: Detection error on SSD0 (M.2). Any suggestions please?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview