News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

HP ProBook 450 G2 Notebook Review

Started by Redaktion, March 08, 2015, 10:39:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

With stamina. The Probook 450 G2 attracts buyers with low heating, low system noise, good input devices, and long battery runtimes. The display is a big weakness. In addition, HP charges a steep price for the computer.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/HP-ProBook-450-G2-Notebook-Review.137513.0.html

Stefan Petrov

A Full HD model is now available, can you review the screen, please?

Derek

Blackhit55

I also have this laptop and trying to add a 2nd hard disk to it in the M.2 slot , but the Transcend MTS400 did work well in your test case? Can it be used to boot windows 10 from it?

Gogu Bordei

The following holds true for ALL the laptops, not only this one: actually we have to account for the difference between the maximum of 35 degrees and the test temperature of only 20 degrees. That makes a 15 degrees, however if the test would have been performed at 22 degrees, the difference would have been 16 degrees, and if the test would have been at 24 degrees, the difference would have been 17 degrees, thus leading to a maximum of 41 degrees !!! The reason is very complicated to explain and involves also some chemistry knowledge, but the fact is that in reality, nobody has 20 degrees at home/office, if it's summer, probably between 26 and 29. If hotter, air conditioning is used, but not necessarily when the temperature is bellow 29. If it's winter, probably the temperature is between 23 and 25. If lower than 23 central heating is used, but actually 20 degrees is not . That would give a difference of 18 degrees in winter to a total of 42-44 and almost 20 degrees in summer to a total of 46-49 degrees. And these are the real temperature when the laptop is absolutely new. After a year, just before replacing the thermal paste you can easily add another 20% heat => hardly bearable. Now, all these temperatures apply to an ULV processors, the coolest CPU and coolest laptop, being barely at the tolerability limit. Imagine how could you bear another laptop which yields a 20 to 25 degrees difference - applicable for most of the laptops in existence: a couple of thousands euros spend for something you can use exactly like a desktop and not at all on top of your lap.
This is the reality, the smart electronic engineers try to lower the TDP, to increase the CPU operations over TDP ratio, and stupid mechanics, lower the cooling system specs, lower the power of the battery, etc, so that nobody will actually benefit from the progress, actually trying to make them profit from the difference, but the sad thing is that they win 10 to 20 dollars more, but we spend hundreds more for nothing.

Xabier

Hello,

I have a problem and may be you can help me.

I connected a transend mts400 with 256 gb to my probook 450 g2 in the m.2 slot.The BIOS recognizes it but the OS Windows 7 that I have installed in other SSD in SATA port does not recognize it and I can not install anything in it.

Anyone knows what can be happening?

Thanks!

Masud

I have a problem on my hp probook 450g2. After connect the charger it shows that
:plugged in,not charging.

Can anyone help me to solve this problem

Umer Bin Tahir

Hi,
I am using this same device with 8 GB RAM and 1 Tb Hard drive. It was working fine until i got an update of windows 10 from Microsoft. Since the update, my headphones aren't working. It pops up a message you just plugged a device in audio jack but no sound is played through my headphones. The headphones are fine (been using them perfectly with windows 8.1), the speakers are fine but no audio is played through headphones. I have checked several headphones too.
Please help.

Brandon

i have been using this laptop and i enjoy it, it lags here and there when I'm running a heavy game but other than that thumbs up from me

Somename

back in around 2012 (now 2016) we bought this laptop, as the review says it does have some heating issues and the screen isn't the best but it performs well and has lasted very well and is still running strong

Shahzaib

i have this laptop and i have been using it for more then 2.5 years now.its with 8gb ram 1tb harddrive and 2gb amd radeon card this is a very good and powerful machine but its battery life is terrible...i can only get 2.5 hours with 25% brightness and only on web surfing with speakers turned off.when it was new it hardly gave me 4 hours with lowest settings..

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview