News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Acer Aspire Switch 11 Pro 128GB HDD Dock Convertible Review

Started by Redaktion, January 13, 2015, 08:08:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Shaky candidate. When a Windows tablet provides sufficient performance, ports, input devices and storage capacity, why would you need a conventional notebook or even a desktop PC? Acer brings the advantages of a laptop to a tablet via keyboard dock including hard drive.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Acer-Aspire-Switch-11-Pro-128GB-HDD-Dock-Convertible-Review.134407.0.html

bluevaping

How funny they show the Acer tipped backwards.  Well I hope we get more standard laptops with release of Windows 10 and Microsoft figuring out touchpads.  I over the reinventing computing with touch screens.  Full HD in a small panel looks great, but it's mainly for video.  You have to scale and tweak everything else to make it useable. Take the Surface 3 panel without touch and put it in laptop chassis and a good trackpad and keyboard.  Kind of boring but great.  If you need a gimmick too sell it add Intel Real Sense 3d.

prialert

DPW

You know, the tipping is the only issue I have with this unit. Once you accommodate for it, it's really a LOVELY little lappy.

I've hacked Xubuntu onto it intsead of Windows (with a little tinkering for rotation and keyboard onscreen) and I'm using it for everything from live recording of multi-channel audio to 3D modeling.

It's got its quirks, but it's a lovely little unit. If they'd just smooth out the rougher edges, figuratively speaking, it'd blow every single competitor out of the water.

The removable aspect is brilliant, and when detached, it's smooth, pleasant feeling, and gives the impression of being very well made and a professional tool.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview