News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo Y70 Notebook Review

Started by Redaktion, October 26, 2014, 20:46:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Touchscreen gamer. Lenovo launches the biggest IPS touchscreen Y Series model yet with the 17.3-inch Y70. Features remain largely unchanged from the Y50, including the GTX 860M GPU. For $1399, can this sleek black and red powerhouse hold its own against other 17-inch gaming notebooks?

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-Y70-Notebook-Review.128841.0.html

Neji

i cant understand your ratings at all... u say it has an outstanding screen and u give 82℅ while on acer v nitro u give it 84-85%

Josephus

I really wish the 15.6 inch touch screen version (Y50) had this good of a screen.

Pete

I have this computer for almost a month (version with 512 GB SSD). It works very well. Boots in 4-5 seconds. Screen and sound is very good. when doing normal office work (internet, wifi, various apps) on my lap (laying in the bed) the computer is very cold (no heating detected) and absolutely quiet (no fan sound detectable in quiet room 40cm away from the comp, only if I put my ear on the fan outlet I hear some tiny shivel), the majority of time; sometimes fan starts a bit more loud, but only for a while and still very quietly.
I tried also few games and works great. I tried Skyrim and Call of Duty Black Ops, the both at absolutely full details and all those graphics settings full, at FHD resolution, and works absolutely without any problems, very smoothly. awesome graphics. when gaming the heating and sound raises I was searching for business/gaming 17incher well branded for almost 3/4 of year, and found this as really very good option. I bought this computer with money-back option for 2 months, so i still have one month for testing, but I think, I will keep this one.

Selcuk

Hi. I Will buy this computer but i want to ask something:
I am at US now but i will move in to europe 6 months later. So What is the AC adaptor input range? can i use this adaptor at europe just by using plug in converter?

artanis02

how do i clean the matte space around the keyboard so that it doesnt get damaged?

sakura

Hi,

I am a bit surprised to see nowhere mentions of problems of blacks and whites renderings that I could see on at least four models, including the one I fanally have. I described it on Lenovo website but had no answer : http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-2728322/lenovo-y70-screen-problems-black-white-colors.html

What do you think about it ?

Thank you,
S.

Andrew Vernik

This really a good machine, i don't really have anything bad to say about it. Here is another good review about it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95JAlya6pgc

ayman

its strange nobody mentions the huge blinking screen problem! I left my laptop in the maintenance department for 15 days and they could not fix this problem! it gets worse with time.

Galilchan

Honestly this notebook has been nothing but a problem child for me. It works wonderfully for the first year or so and then things start going wrong. The wiring on the display is shoddily done (not just on my machine but from what I've seen it is a common problem) required the laptop to be sent in for repairs. Then there is the wireless card. The broadcom card they use in this system is spotty at best... dropping connections multiple times per day and to reconnect it requires a full restart of the system. From what i have read on forums (because lenovo customer service is abysmal and devoid of answers) that it is a driver issue that may or may not be fixed because driver updates on that component haven't been updated in a long time. It stinks because I've always been fond of lenovo... i stuck with them after the whole superfish scandal and have always represented them in a good light. I'm sorry to see my faith was so misplaced. AVOID THIS LAPTOP LIKE THE PLAUGE.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview