News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Nvidia launches the GeForce GTX 980M and GTX 970M

Started by Redaktion, October 07, 2014, 15:06:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

With the GeForce GTX 980M and GTX 970M, Nvidia introduces two high-end graphics cards based on the GM204 chip from the Maxwell generation. Thanks to the high efficiency gain of the new GPUs, raw performance is now closer to a dedicated desktop graphics card than ever before. Furthermore, this is the first time that the current DirectX 11.2 standard is completely supported. Expect our full review of the high-end GPUs in the coming days.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Nvidia-launches-the-GeForce-GTX-980M-and-GTX-970M.127350.0.html

JW

From what I am seeing, the GTX 970m is better than the GTX 880m in almost everything.  Is this a correct assessment?  At least from a gaming aspect.  I was saving to get a laptop with the 880m in it, but, if what I am seeing is right, I should switch my plans to a 970m if not for the savings over the 980m.

Codrut Nistor

You are right. If you add battery life into the equation as well, there is no reason to go with the 880M, maybe except the price of the whole laptop. 880M models should go on sale these days, since the 880M has reached its end of life now...

Ouij

I came to the same conclusion as you. Went for the MSI GT72 with the 970m. Should be nice  ;D

Codrut Nistor

Oh, yeah! That's a pretty cool gaming laptop. Use it wisely and hope you never have to use the warranty! ;)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview