News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Gigabyte P25X v2 Notebook Review

Started by Redaktion, August 30, 2014, 07:45:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Character actor. While most notebook companies rely at most on the GeForce GTX 870M for their 15-inch department, Gigabyte uses Nvidia's top model for the P25X v2. Also the other features (Blu-ray burner, mSATA-SSDs...) clearly point to a high-end product. In this review you will see whether the device is worth its 2,000€.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Gigabyte-P25X-v2-Notebook-Review.125114.0.html

Greg Blank

Thanks for the translation but the throttling is what is most concerning - according to the stress test chart the cores look like they are running at only half speed!  Whats the point of getting great hardware if the heat is just going to slow it down?  I need the full power of the CPU cores for video editing and want the lighter weight.  I wish more was written about the throttling to understand under which precise circumstances this will happen?  Can you use lots of laptop cooling to prevent this problem?  And if so, which kind of cooling is best?

gc

Could the higher-model CPU (4810 rather than 4700) contribute to greater battery life?
(less leakage current means less heat and higher clocks, but could it also mean less leakage at idle?  Or does it not matter because power is completely cut off to the cores at idle?  The display is driven off the same die.  But if the screen goes black, is power cut off to the display circuits?)

Something seems inconsistent: if the idle power draw is at minimum 10W and the battery holds 86 watt-hours, shouldn't the idle battery time be at most 8.6 hours?

gc

JM

I been using this computer for maybe a month or so and this review is on point. The fans are pretty loud compared to a Asus laptop but you get used to it. Playing Tomb Raider for couple hours and Shadow of Mordor I do hit 91C temp so I would recommend a cooling pad when gaming for hours. If you can get this laptop for under 1200 I would still recommend it.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview