News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo IdeaPad Y50-70 (59424712) Notebook Review Update

Started by Redaktion, August 29, 2014, 08:40:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The agony of choice. After our first review of the FHD version of the new Lenovo Y50 Gaming notebook, we are now focusing on a version with UHD display (3.840 x 2.160 pixels) and fast Samsung SSD. Full HD and matte or ultra HD and glossy, that's the question. We compare both displays.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-IdeaPad-Y50-70-59424712-Notebook-Review-Update.124754.0.html

Cavell219

You can not refer to the Y50 FHD for gaming performance as the UHD model is capped at 48Hz meaning 48FPS max in any game...

TenataV

How good is the UHD panel with it's 48Hz refresh rate for everyday desktop use and watching movies? Are the trails visible when you drag a window? Other forums made a big fuss about it.

Kristofferlh

The 48hz is a bug with the intel driver. I did rollback of the driver so the system relied on the microsoft display driver and i got the display up to 64hz, however by not using the intel driver it proves some other difficulties(like not being able to adjust resolution). I've tried to override via the nvidia control panel, but it cannot be done because on laptops because of the iGPU. I love this computer overall, it's perfect for people like me who often work/watch movies/game occasionally, though if you're after a pure gaming laptop I would consider other possibilites. This computer doesn't seem like it's meant for day out and day in gaming, that's impossible at the sleekness of this machine as it will turn relatively hot(though not uncomfortably hot from my point of view).

If the 48hz is the biggest worry for you I would not consider that an issue. I'll bet it will get fixed in the upcoming months, though I hardly feel that it's a problem if you're not an FPS gamer.

J.T.

The Lenovo Y50 is pretty dang awesome. I got it and love it.

I do recommend grabbing it from the Lenovo website.

Y50 - > http://bit.ly/CheapY50

Lenovo generally has the cheapest prices, so you should check them out.

umair

i just bought this and getting a battery life of 1 and half hour? any suggestion why so low battery

Nicolai S

Really good review  must say you came around the different parts pretty good.

I am neither fully satisfied with the Wireless LAN card.
When i got the computer, i sat in my room 10 meters from the Router, and i only got 6 MB data/Secund, where my old Asus n53 got 23MB/second.
But strangely, the next day it came up to 18 MB/ S.
But over all, im glad for it! - And don't forget to configure the touchpad in the program:"ELAN pointing device"

Pablo Salvatierra

I own one of this computers and I have to say that I'm disappointed. The wireless card is the worst at the market, at 6 feet the computer starts to loose signal strength and quality. Also by the hybrid state drive makes that the computer freezes for 2 seconds sometimes while gaming. The FHD screen has the worst quality I've ever seen, really bad viewing angles and color accuracy.

I sent it to the support center and they told me that is normal all those things because the parts in the computer works normally like that.

They give you good tech specs at a good price but the rest of components are the cheapest they found.

systemBuilder

Lenovo seems to be pursuing a policy of putting the highest-end graphics card that they can, for a laptop starting at $1000 retail, and then skiimping on every other component until overall, the platform is ruined.   If you use a mouse, if you use ethernet, if you use a wall adapter, you get a $1000 lqp5op with an inferior display that works every bit as well as a $600 desktop.

payam

:'( :'( :'( :'(
hi. could you please help me?
i don't know what to choose between the two choices that I have
choose number 1: Asus G551JW /i7 4720/16G Ram/ Nvidia GTX960 GDDR5 4G/1T HDD/128G SSD/FHD Display/ DVD-RW ODD

choose number 2: Lenovo Y5070 Asus G551JW /i7 4720/16G Ram/ Nvidia GTX960 GDDR5 4G/1T HDD/8G SSD/UHD Display/Without ODD

Atanas Zhelev

So I've been using this laptop for an year now, screen started to flicker and I needed to change the laptop as it was still under warranty. The second one also had screen issue and after a further 6 months, it started crashing and BSOD-ing on me. With that said, everything else the review states is mostly true. Just mind that it is possible that you have the same issues as I do as this happens on the same second laptop.

Hamza

Please dont buy this crap
I have been using this laptop about 6 months it has a lot a lot of problems
Screen quality is very bad comparing with my brother's laptop in same reselution
Keyboad not comfortable
Wifi range is terrible
The laptop runs very hot in gaming . Btw the filter under the fan has been removed , its got very lagging after playing 15 min battlefield 1
And the hard drive is very very slow i have the 1000+8ssd version
Please please dont buy this

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview