News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo Y40-59423035 Notebook Review

Started by Redaktion, August 28, 2014, 07:20:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Entry-level portable gaming. While Lenovo's Y40 clearly isn't the best choice for hardcore gamers, there's no question that the sleek 14-inch system with its current-generation i7 Haswell CPU, dedicated Radeon GPU and 256 GB SSD has plenty to offer for its $850 asking price, even though the display doesn't quite measure up.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-Y40-59423035-Notebook-Review.124638.0.html

NickS

Hello I recently just purchased the Lenovo y40 and am experiencing terrible performance from the GPU.  I am getting no where close to solid FPS in counter strike: global offensive, rust, apb and other games.  I get around 60-80 fps on low settings for cs:go, and 20s for rust/apb which makes it pretty much unplayable.  I'm curious if this can't be right and if it's the gpu/processor causing this or drivers not installed correctly? (I've done multiple driver checks and updates but I'm not really familiar with AMD only nvidia products.) Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks
-Nick

JanH

Hello NickS !

I have also had fps problems with my lenovo product. You need to make sure that your laptop is connected to charger and if the right GPU is used at the moment. So make sure your laptop is charging and right click on game icon and chose something like : open with gpu->high performance ATI gpu.

Hope it works for you !

Maxim Baum

Does anyone know when this Notebook will release in germany? I want one really bad!

Azraei97

Please update this article with latest Lenovo Y40-80 with Intel Core i7-5500U + AMD R9 m275 4GB + Updated AMD GPU driver (Omega). I want to get this laptop for my usual college + some gaming in weekend like game Bf4, DotA 2, Payday 2 and maybe Wither 3 when it out but the old model use DDR3 version GPU. So, I'm waiting for this model and finally out. I hope that you will update review so I can rethink if I should by this notebook or not.

systemBuilder

I wonder what the rating would have been with a 300-nit IPS display?  you can install one for $80.

http://www.gaminglaptopsjunky.com/replacing-lenovo-y40-display-good-one/

Samyak Bothra

Hi I wanted to know which motherboard is being used in lenovo y40

utah

This is the absolute worst computer I have ever owned in my life. 
The screen is terrible.  It's loaded with terrible Lenovo proprietary software. I've had to send it in for repairs twice. And it has now stooped working all together.  :(

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview