News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Alienware m15x BIOS shutdown please assist

Started by xspecialforces, July 13, 2014, 19:48:09

Previous topic - Next topic

xspecialforces

I have the Alienware m15x laptop i7 came with 260m 1GB Geforce Graphics card. Recently I bought the Geforce 660m 2GB and 1TB SSHD HD, The BIOS was not recognising this, neither was it recognising the NEW 660m Graphics Card, for couple of days it was working fine, but there was a LAG in games, also the temp on the GPU on startup starts at 80c on fresh cool startup! then calms down to 69 and sticks there.

I did add the thermal pads and thermal paste etc on the GPU. Now the problem was when after a windows update, the laptop would shutdown all of a sudden, even on startups, sometimes it wont, so i decided to remove the windows update which i did, it eventually came to the logon screen and shutdown completely.

I thought maybe because the GPU is not recognised in the BIOS and inc the SSD HD thats why? anyways, I downloaded the official BIOS from dell website and went on the flash by booting in USB mode. While it was running/installing it shutdown instantly, i turned it back on after 15 min, went into BIOS again this time it went a bit further in the BIOS flash, but shutdown again!!

When i turned the laptop on again, what do i see, a blank screen, the fans keyboard light are on, but the screen is blank, also, there was a DISC in the Drive which also wasnt ejecting, this is after the blank screen(bricked problemo).

This is what i have done so far.

1. removed battery, drained power, plugged in AC turned it back on, same thing, blank screen.

2. Followed procedures on phoenix BIOS crisisdisk flash, by formating USB into FAT, creating the BIOS.wph file etc and using the WINCRISIS to make the USB Flash(includes 3 Files), Went through the procedure removed battery, drained power, ac power disconnected, attached USB in eSATA port, held down FN+B, plugged in power, and turned on, nothing, all it does is as soon as i press the power the DISC(DVD) runs for a while and stops, the keyboard lights are lit up, tried same procedure with WIN+B key instead of FN+B, nothing.(I had to rename one file to .wph as the original BIOS A09 didnt have the .wph)

3. Have also tried entering BIOS normally F12(or F2 tried both) and waiting few seconds, scrolling down once, which is normally USB and hitting enter, doing this blindly since nothing on screen, thought it willo work, but nothing.

4. I have checked the 2 RAM modules, checking each one on its own and switching them to the other and powering up. nothing.

Is this some virus issue? I had on it paid official Avast Internet Security and Malwarebytes. What is it im missing, can anyone advice please will apprecite it ty ty!

Ah yes, When i was installing the drivers for the GPU 660m it wasnt installing so i went to the Geforce website forum and one of the admins had this procedure of re-editing the GPU files(inf) which i followed and it installed without problem unless i missed something there.

Can anyone advice on this please?? thankyou  : )

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview