News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Review Samsung ATIV Book 8 870Z5G Notebook

Started by Redaktion, April 01, 2014, 06:26:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Austerity package. Samsung introduces its new and affordable ATIV Book 8 featuring the latest Haswell CPU and a Nvidia graphics card. Instead of a glossy touchscreen, Samsung now relies on a matte and bright display. Are those the only differences? We took a closer look.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Samsung-ATIV-Book-8-870Z5G-Notebook.114298.0.html

Mercury

As I already said in the German comments section I'm pretty sure that the used display is not a TN-panel. I assume that it's an IPS Panel due to its slightly purplish black when you view it from the upper corners and the absence of any kind of inverting.

In addition to that the build-in wifi module is not the "Intel Dual Band Wireless-N 7260", it is the "Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260" which means it supports the new AC standard.

Anyway, thank you for the review.  :)

Øyvind

How would the performance change if you added an extra 8 GB of RAM in there and ripped out the HDD in favour of a SSD? Could you compare it to something like a Clevo W650S?

jumb0

I'm also interested how this would stand up to Dell XPS 15 if you would addd SSD and 16GB RAM to Ativ Book 8.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview