News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Review Acer Aspire S7-392 Ultrabook

Started by Redaktion, December 10, 2013, 05:33:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Evolution. Acer refreshed its stylish 13.3-inch Aspire S7. Besides a Haswell Core i7 and a WQHD display, the ultrabook also gets a larger battery. Our review shows whether the Aspire S7-392 can beat its predecessor and if it can even ascend the throne.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Acer-Aspire-S7-392-Ultrabook.106960.0.html

Guy Brown

I am very surprised by your 78% rating of the Acer s7-392's display.  Either the bar has been raised to monumentally higher standards (we know it has been raised, but was it raised enough to rate this screen, effectively, as just a little better than average?), or there was something subjectively unimpressive to result in your middling rating in view of the objectively highly superior specs. I mean, 300 nit brightness (ok, this is the one spec that is merely "average" today), 1600:1 contrast, 80% sRGB coverage, IPS wide viewing angles - where is the great shortcoming?  How many 13" displays are much, much better, because a 78% rating implies that many displays, that you would rate in the 80s and 90s, are significantly better?  I would have expected the overall rating of this marvelous piece of kit to have at least broken the prestigious 90% level, but looking at the components of the overall rating it seems clear that the "mediocre" display rating is what dragged it's overall rating into the high 80s. 

Not as big a deal as I'm making it sound, but if I was the Acer product manager I would scratch my head and ask you: what in the world do we have to achieve to rank among the very best 13" Haswell ultrabooks in the market at this time?

Avin

This review is misleading. This model has only full HD resolution, not WQHD

se

S7-391 was so LOUD that I have to take it back to the store because working at night was impossible (don't mention a work on a plane or in Starbucks ;)).

Jerry

the notebook check is based in Germany this model only available in Europe. I don't think there is any problem.

Northern Light

Acer Aspire S7-392: 2560x1440 resolution, 298.3 cd/m² average brightness, 1663:1 contrast, 0.19 cd/m² black, 80.4% sRGB, IPS, 78% rating.

Apple MacBook Air 13: 1440x900 resolution, 277.3 cd/m² average brightness, 665:1 contrast, 0.44 cd/m² black, 55% sRGB, TN, 81% rating.

The Air 13 also has very bad viewing angles and colour distortion, by your review. Can you explain the rating please?

Ah, the whistle isn't caused by the SSD access but by the keyboard backlit ;)

Harold Youra

What a piece of CRAP!   I opened my new S-7 392 the Acer logo came up and then the screen went black.  I had to go onto live chat to get a phone number to call tech support.   3 times they had me reset the computer.  3 times I went through the 45 minute reset process with the same result.   I am shipping this back!

Tudor

There is no Kensington lock on the thing. There is actually no good way to lock thin thing down.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview