News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Skylake for Notebooks: Core i7-6700HQ and i7-6820HK Review

Started by Redaktion, September 27, 2015, 19:29:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Hardly faster, but much more efficient. The wait is over: Intel's new Skylake architecture is finally available for notebooks and replaces the predecessors Haswell and Broadwell. We review the two quad-core models Core i7-6700HQ and i7-6820HK.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Skylake-for-Notebooks-Core-i7-6700HQ-and-i7-6820HK-Review.150864.0.html

johnny bisck

Teun

Indeed, great job on the article Notebookcheck, I second that motion. Skylake had been severely overhyped so it's hard not to be a little dissapointed. However, the Skylake effiency upgrades are a very welcome addition to a laptop's philosophy; Laptop's must have a cross over between good battery life and performance. Lenovo W550 probably does this at laptop's best with it's i7 5600u+K620m+116whr battery(removable 72whr). By the way dear Notebookcheck, can you guys start reporting whether a laptop has a display with PWM flickering or doesn't in your reviews? As a long term reader, I would really appreciate that fact to be included. I can not wait for Kaby Lake/Cannonlake to be released though, I am hoping for the performance gains like we saw when we went from Westmere to Sandy to Ivy. Those were the true days of laptops performance gains while nearing their desktop counterparts. 8)

Till Schönborn

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview