News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Review Dell Inspiron 15-7537 Notebook

Started by Redaktion, November 04, 2013, 06:26:23

Previous topic - Next topic

jef

Hy Jerry, i would like to buy this one too. Is the problem really bad? i've heard it's just a problem with windows 8 and that you should update to windows 8.1 .....
Can you give me an update?

EricJ

I've had mine for a week now and the wifi is working normally. I have the UK model with hi res screen and intel 7260 dual band abgn card (not ac). I needed new drivers from the Dell site after updating windows to 8.1 but otherwise have had no particular  problems with the wifi. Intel has a later driver than Dell on it's site but the driver from Dell (16.5.3.6) is working ok.

foconauta

I thing I`m having the same problem with de processor. Can you tell me how to configure the CPU's TDP to 15 Watts?

Siemon

Hi, I have also a question about the CPU performance:

Do the gaming results and the observation that 'the CPU's frequency control has been set a bit too defensively' apply to the CPU settings with a 10.5 W TDP?
I'm also interested in how to set the TDP correctly, since it would be a shame to leave the i7 in the 10.5 W TDP state when it has clearly more potential.

Thanks in advance!

Till Schönborn

Quote from: Siemon on December 27, 2013, 11:12:24
Do the gaming results and the observation that 'the CPU's frequency control has been set a bit too defensively' apply to the CPU settings with a 10.5 W TDP?

Yes, exactly.

You can use the Intel tool "XTU" to apply the correct TDP value of 15 watts. We used the same software in our review.

A 7537 owner

For slower internet speeds, just flush the dns cache (just google it for windows 8) and it should be fine after that.

Mambohg

Is it difficult to change the TDP to 15 watts? I'm not a computer expert and I'm not sure if mine has been set to 15W.

Evija

I was wondering could it manage 3D modelling in Autodesk programms?

checho

The FullHD display ID of my Inspiron 7537 (Dell Spain) is SDC4C48. The measures are quite different from reviewed model. These are the results I got from a Spyder4Pro:

Brightness: 210 nits
Black: 0,34
Contrast: 620:1
sRGB: 99%
AdobeRGB: 78%

No problems with Wi-Fi. Speedtest results: 67.45Mbps Download / 10.44Mbps Upload.

NickB123

DO NOT BUY THIS LAPTOP ---- fresh out the box, wireless problems (<0.5Mb/s connectivity) when ~5-10m away from router. Dell changed wireless card immediately, problem persisted. Dell then offered to change motherboard, wireless card, backpanel/antennas. That to me says it all - you may get lucky with this laptop and not have problems, I wouldnt take the risk - clearly a design problem of some sort.

groovyfa

I have had this laptop since Dec 2013 and have 0 issues with it.  I would highly recommend it to anyone.  If you live in Canada make sure you get it from Futureshop or Bestbuy...  I got mine on sale for $899 + tax!!

The issues that a few people are experiencing in the forums I have not encountered.  My wifi reception is perfect, so is the wifi speed. 

The only drawback is the lack of a cd rom...

lid

very good high end laptop, and excellent laptop if you got it for $899 (however 1TB HD instead of 256GB SSD)
2 small issues:
wifi connectivity: indeed weak signal in mid-long distance than other laptops, even worse than tablet/phone. Sometimes need wifi extender (or stronger router). If you open back cover you will find the card is placed in the middle of the notebook.
cooling system cannot fully support long hours of gaming (cpu+gpu), and overheating damages battery life. Need cooling pad when gaming.

Parthvader

Is the GT750m an MXM module or soldered onto the motherboard? If yes, MXM-a or MXM-b?

David Zvonař

I have this notebook for a month.  My rating is 90%- some software issues, but the hardware is precision.

I highly reccomend This notebook for multimedia. The battery is so strong. I can really surf 7hours. The touchscreen is nice, but I think that Win8.1 still need upgrade. Noteebook Is quiet (I can hear only SATA disk while booting.

While gaming (WoT on FullHD + medium setting) I got approx 50fps, I can hear the cooling fan and the temperature is not that bad. I think that gaming 2hours+ is not healthy fot notebook.

If you wanna aluminium case with low power consumption and still decent power, this is perfect. I love the design.

I had only 2 issues. Both were problems with Win8, one with upgrading from 8 to 8.1(I had to downgrade 1 win update and then it worked) and the second was with Windows account login(Wait please while after loggin in (had to switch to local account and then back))

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview