News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Review Acer Aspire R7-571G-53338G75ass Convertible

Started by Redaktion, October 26, 2013, 22:43:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Different by design. The Acer Aspire R7-571G does not follow classic notebook design guidelines. Thanks to the Ezel hinge, the notebook supports display positions that no other design is capable of. How the solution works on a day-to-day basis and how the internal components stack up are the subjects of our review.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Acer-Aspire-R7-571G-53338G75ass-Convertible.104394.0.html

herchao

Jan Andersen

Wonder why Acer made what is supposed to be functional and simple, unpractical.

Acer actually did it many years ago in the C111TCI, all they had to do was to make it lighter and thinner + back lit keys.

This R7-571G is a step back, perhaps the designers of the C111TCI are not there any more ?

Bottom line, many issues, which makes this a flop:

1) Dedicated graphics card, shortens life of this unit dramatically, especially when using an Ivy Bridge  processor, which is also running hot - this unit will melt down and trash withing 2 years - as on my present Acer G5940G which shuts down on regular basis due to over heating - its a multimedia notebook, but making any multimedia on it makes the graphics card boil and shuts down the unit. So I use this from time to time on very light jobs not involving multimedia.

2) Touch pad sits the wrong place.

3) No back lit keys.

3) Its too heavy - width and depth is not up to date - we expect in 2013 in this class, and price class, for a 15", 35cm width and 24cm depth, having a 15" screen but in a 14" body. We want a big screen as possible in a small format as possible.

4) It cant be used as a tablet, either by turning the display like in the C111, or better de-ataching the display.

Only target group I see for this machine, is for those who wants different and to be different, or who wants to make some sort of a statement.

d plaut

We have one. It is awesome. Screen orientation modes are the best of any device I've ever used. Wireless works very well (Best buy said this was a new batch) so maybe they fixed that. We've used it outside of the house and it still connects quickly.

mad duke

I own one and trust me you will get more admiration from this than of any other laptop currently on the market including any now boring apple products. 

My main reason for purchase is to emulate a desktop experience on the go. I use an external mouse and I'm good to go.... love it

SSDdrivei7

Acer should have used a slide out touchpad at the front of the keyboard that unlocks/locks depending on whether the lid is opened or closed; this would have been more innovative.

ysf

The design is award winning, the Wifi issue has been fixed. In my opinion this is the best laptop for the money. The touchpad is in the RIGHT place! When you use it you will appreciate it.
More powerful and SSDs are coming to the market. Acer is on the right way. The big hinge is a big idea. I can see other makers moving towards this direction in a year or two. This is the only convertible in the market which does what it says it does. The floating screen is a big plus, it feels like you are using a traditional PC. The palm rest is missing. Build quality is second to none. After using this I find apple very pricey and boring. Good job acer!

PS: Acer last year disclosed its financials and they were in red. They can not afford to make a mistake. Their engineers gave all they had to this product. And it is a winner.

Quad

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview