News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Review Asus Zenbook Infinity UX301LA Ultrabook

Started by Redaktion, October 02, 2013, 06:44:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Dark beauty. It's small. It's a premium product. And it's fast. We almost don't dare to call the new Zenbook UX301 an "ultrabook", as it attempts to be much than that: the perfect mobile companion. With the top-notch materials, great build quality and high-end innards of its newest flagship, Asus wants to dethrone its fiercest competitor, Apple. The price point? That topic almost becomes a minor matter.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Asus-Zenbook-Infinity-UX301LA-Ultrabook.103027.0.html

geza

I expected little more power from HD5100 or the laptop only has one soldered memory? If so, than a Dual Channel memory version will perform lot better.

Kapitoxa

Tnx for Dota 2 test. It will be nice to include Dota in test more often  :)

Till Schönborn

Quote from: geza on October 02, 2013, 10:52:21
I expected little more power from HD5100 or the laptop only has one soldered memory? If so, than a Dual Channel memory version will perform lot better.

The memory is soldered, but still working in a Dual Channel configuration.

willy301

One of your more interesting reviews.  I would like to see much of this design in a 15", but with a few changes to make it more affordable, like 1080p MATT screen of similar high quality but without weight & expense of Touch, and a single 256GB SSD, possibly a top end 15W TDP CPU, but with 4xUSB + RJ45 that normally fit in a thin & light 15" chassis, and option of Windows 7 for those who dont like tablet UX on desktop.

Futurebook

2560 resolution? how i gonna view a text at a 13.3" LCD ? i own a U36SD its 1366 but already make me suffer to view a text

Silma

DenDen

I'm using a 5 year old laptop and will be upgrading in the next few months, I will mostly be using it for video editing using powerdirector 11 (currently have to use pcs at the office for this) and don't mind stretching my budget to 1800 for this laptop. Would this laptop completely satisfy my video editing needs? I would assume it won't stutter or slowdown for anything I can throw at it?

Jeffrey Bellin

I must say I am a bit disappointed with this product.  Sure, it outperforms most every ultrabook on the market (though if the "ultraportable" class, with full voltage mobile cpus were not made obsolete, it would fall to the middle of the pack), but not by nearly as much as I had hoped.  For the price, I am not sure I see the benefit of a 50% price premium for perhaps 20% better performance when it doesn't lift the capability to tasks its lower price competitors cannot equal.  Until both the OS and applications can make good use of resolutions over 1080p the extra cost of higher resolution displays strikes me as nothing but marketing gimmics that we have to pay for.  I would be happy with the successor to the Asus UX31A with Haswell cpu/gpu, the same screen and concomitant improvement in battery life and performance, for around $1,300-$1,500 vs. over $2,000.  Excellent review.

Jeferson

I'd expect more from Intel Iris 5100, it looks that Asus-Zenbook-UX32VD with GeForce GT 620M it's much better choice.

nop

As you mention that,
Pro
+   Great connectivity options
But why rating is ...???
Connectivity   68%

Jimmy Morse

If it had a non-glare display and a SIM-Card slot i would buy it immediatley

Till Schönborn

Quote from: nop on October 06, 2013, 23:16:32
As you mention that,
Pro
+   Great connectivity options
But why rating is ...???
Connectivity   68%

Hi,

this seems like an inappropriate translation of the original word "Ausstattung" in the german article. This was rather intended to refer to the high-grade hardware components and not the connectivity.

Calle

A shane you dont mention the Acer Aspire 7 un the competition - a slightly more intelligent choise, in my view (altough perhaps not as good looking).

Madis

Crappy keyboard - not worth the investment. i have been between repairs ever since i got it

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview