News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Review Acer Aspire V5-131-10172G50akk Notebook

Started by Redaktion, September 29, 2013, 10:55:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Long battery life for little money. With the Aspire V5-131, Acer offers a subnotebook with big battery capacity. Thanks to its ULV processor, the power consumption of the small computer is low and we expect a very long battery life. This review uncovers whether this is actually true.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Acer-Aspire-V5-131-10172G50akk-Notebook.102564.0.html

Pero

Where did you find this model? I looked at notebooksbilliger and ideal.de and they only had the model with 1007u for 249 euros and only in pre-order with no available delivery date.

Also it would be nice if there are also some pictures with the battery installed so it gives people idea how much it protrudes.

Finally this really looks like something I was looking for in a while, a 11.6" portable laptop, with 6+ hours battery life, matt screen and decent performance that costs less than 300 euros.

Hræsvelgr

Acer TravelMate 5720 | T9300 | HD2600 | 3GB DDR2 600mhz | 320GB HDD | BD-Player
Bj 04/2008
läuft wie am ersten Tag, ergonomische Tastatur - Dank an Acer!

Schenker XMG P722 | i7-3820QM | GTX680M | 16GB DDR3 1600mhz | 256GB SSD | 1TB HDD | BD-Player
Bj 10/2012
Schön verpackte Endlospower

Pero

Quote from: bob on December 05, 2013, 12:57:00
how about gaming? i wanna install COD Black Op.

I bought the version with the 1007U and added 4GB ram to get dual channel. The GPU when plugged in is running constant at 1000 Mhz and my memory is at 1600Mhz. With that being said this is the weakest  IB gpu and it is far from a gaming gpu.

So while I highly doubt that COD Black Ops will work, lighter games and games where having fluid 30+ fps all the times is not important do work. I have tried WoW, Torchlight 1/2, Warhammer 40K DoW and even XCOM EU / EW and FIFA run pretty decent.

I get the following benchmark results:

3DMark 06 - 3490 | 3DMark 11 - P374           |  3DMark Vantage - 1579   |  3DMark Ice - 20664
3DMark Fire 245   | 3DMark Could - 1877      | CB11.5 OpenGL 9.88fps | CB11.5 CPU 1.23
PCMark 7 - 1611   | PCMark Vantage - 4085 |

So it's far from gaming machine but for the price is decent and it's much faster than my old Atom netbook. I can run MatLab and light CAD models in Inventor / Catia for university and with light load get 6+ hours of battery life so I am pretty happy with it  :)

Nic Naam

>:( Acer uses lousy keyboards. I have had a 13.3 inch Travelmate, an Aspire One netbook (which I still use), and now I just bought the V5-131 with Celeron 1007U. They all develop problems with the keyboard within one year of purchase - the worse one is the newest V5-131: two keys are faulty (not registering) brand-new. I was so mad that I bought an OEM replacement keyboard (quite a chore to replace the KB!!!), just to discover that the [down arrow] key of the new KB is faulty. Just showing Acer uses lousy keyboards to cut cost!!

Sadique Ahmad

Its processor is upgradable or not? I'm using it and i want to upgrade it processor already upgraded ram 8gb (G.skill f3-1600c9-4grsl). Having performance issue please help me out. if its upgradable please tell me all compatible processors. thanks in advance. 

Pero

Quote from: Sadique Ahmad on January 10, 2015, 07:59:20
Its processor is upgradable or not? I'm using it and i want to upgrade it processor already upgraded ram 8gb (G.skill f3-1600c9-4grsl). Having performance issue please help me out. if its upgradable please tell me all compatible processors. thanks in advance. 

It's BGA so not upgradeable unless you have some uber soldering skills :P

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview