News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

HP Elite Dragonfly G3 13.5 laptop review: All-new design and performance

Started by Redaktion, August 29, 2022, 17:41:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Short teaser about the review and the device. Capture the interest of the target audience, motivate the target audience to continue reading and reveal some aspect of the article. Consider SEO relevant words and phrases. Max: 400 characters!
For the hybrid workforce generation

https://www.notebookcheck.net/HP-Elite-Dragonfly-G3-13-5-laptop-review-All-new-design-and-performance.642716.0.html

honza

Looks like you left the summary template in place: "Short teaser about the review and the device. Capture the interest of the target audience..."

Bareback

Quote from: honza on August 29, 2022, 20:00:08Looks like you left the summary template in place: "Short teaser about the review and the device. Capture the interest of the target audience..."
Bhahahha
Welp, that's Allen Ngo for you

Jam65

Good laptop, however for the price range and features is smashed by the Asus S13 OLED (um5302 model).
This HP offers an excellent choice of ports for connectivity on comparison to the Asus one.
However the Asus model comes with a much more performant CPU and integrated graphics, it is slightly lighter and offers a sharp OLED screen for 1300€ (price from Asus store Germany).
HP is offering a good product, but in my opinion the price is not justified in comparison to other products on the market.

mh

Hi, I've had the g3 for about a week now with an i7-1255u, 32GB RAM and the 1000nits Sureview display and can share some additional perspectives.

Display: it's "ok". I can work in office lighting with minimum display brightness (yes I'm also surprised) but don't expect anyone sitting next to you to see anything (despite privacy mode off) when not on full brightness. You have to adjust the display angle to get a decent view. That's a downside. Also you have to enable the privacy screen in dark rooms, otherwise the minimum brightness is way too high. The display is actually pretty matt and you can work in direct sunlight with maximum brightness.

Battery life is truly amazing for an Intel machine. It's also surprisingly efficient, e.g. a typical 40 min League of Legends game drains <15% battery. That said, I don't have a good reference coming from an i5-8265u (Thinkpad T490s).

HP bloatware: it's too much. But don't uninstall since it changes bios settings regarding battery stuff etc. You can turn most of it off though. Wolf Security is a nightmare. Turn off immediately, especially as a developer. It runs everything it doesn't know in a micro VM, which causes issues. E.g. WSL installations might bug... Can be turned off, but you have to know about it and the documentation is not good.

Performance: I'm not sure to what extent the environment has affects on it, but I'm getting way better numbers than reported here. I suspect the micro VM security ****. On cinebench r23 single core I'm getting 1567 on battery and 1632 when plugged in. It's 24° C outside and I'm testing on a wooden table directly after restart. I have to run the numbers again, as the Windows settings were on "Balanced" power mode.

One thing I kinda miss, coming from a Thinkpad T490s, is a outside sleep indicator LED (it's on the power button). When closing the lid, it resumes so fast, that the screen is already on when I open the lid again and I'm constantly worried about it when putting the laptop in my bag.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview