News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Review Lenovo IdeaPad U330p Notebook

Started by Redaktion, August 28, 2013, 04:04:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Is good necessarily expensive? Our editorial office got the IdeaPad U330p for an in-depth review. We want to determine what the almost-Ultrabook is capable of in terms of mobility, performance, build and display quality.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Lenovo-IdeaPad-U330p-Notebook.99952.0.html

avin124

It's so strange that the laptop has such low brightness. I think the writer may accidentally turn off the backlit for the display. Press the function key (F9) to turn it on/off.

dastigga

It is true.  I am using this computer for the past 3 months, and is constantly annoyed by the ULTRA LOW brightness.  Overall thoughts?  Well the screen is crap, there is no built in LAN port, and has 1 USB 3.0 and 2 USB 2.0 instead of the other way round.  The left palm rest can get uncomfortably warm. Other than that, it is a brilliant computer, with decent specs and a nice keyboard, I managed to run mainstream games like COD, Borderlands 2, Assassin's Creed to medium settings.  Startup time is quick also.

Yubi

I bought this laptop with freedos. What I understand is this laptop has illuminated keyboard based on this article, but when I press fn+space nothing happen. Do I need a special driver? Because I have look at lenovo's site and installed every driver that's relevant.

diogoff

No, you don't need any driver. Just pressing Fn+space should work. The keyboard backlight doesn't seem to depend on the OS. For example, I run Linux and it works just as well. In fact, it works even before the OS has booted, so it seems to be a hardware thing.

diogoff

I don't understand the general criticism about lack of brightness. I have this notebook and I always set brightness to around 50%, and it looks perfectly fine to me. If I put it to 100% then it becomes just too bright. I use the xf86-video-intel Linux driver, but I suppose the Windows driver will work just as fine. One thing I agree is that the wireless connectivity could be better, but it's still perfectly usable. It seems Lenovo has chosen a low-power wifi adapter for this model to improve battery life (which, by the way, is amazing - 6 hours every time). The picture quality of the webcam could be improved, but it's enough for skype and stuff like that.

Janus

There seems to be an error with your display brightness analysis. On one hand, your "X-Rite i1Pro 2" figure states an average brightness of 240 cd/m2, while on the other hand you state 105 cd/m2 in your text description. Which one is right?

"diogoff" comments that he experiences greater brightness than 105 cd/m2, and I myself find it hard to believe the brightness to be this bad just from a common sense point of view.

If would be great if you would correct the misunderstanding.

A1l3x

Does it have a hole for laptop locker? I didn't see it on this laptops' pictures

nech

pls help me.. i'm planning to buy this kind of laptop lenovo ideapad u330p for my work as autocad designer. is this good for autocad 2015? :)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview