News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Review Acer Aspire V5-573G-54208G50aii Notebook

Started by Redaktion, August 14, 2013, 23:55:37

Previous topic - Next topic

primus554

I was able to clone Windows 8.1 (I upgraded) and Ubuntu 13.10 from the hard drive to an msata ssd (crucial m500 240gb) and dual boot booth OSes from the msata ssd.  Now I use the old windows partition on the hd as a data drive.

I would recommend a fresh install of Windows though. Cloning Windows 8 with uefi is a big hassle.

Also, I would suggest making restore media to a USB drive BEFORE upgrading to Windows 8.1.  I didn't do this, and now I can't make the restore media, and I can't start the recovery process from the recovery partition either for some reason.

CSOOS

8)I've had this computer for 8 months. Motherboard went up in the 1st 3 months but Acer did replace it. The biggest problem I have with it is the keyboard and mouse. The curser constantly goes all over the place and I'm constantly retyping. I think just hovering over the mouse pad combined with oversensitivity is causing that problem. They should just give you a plug in mouse so its off to the side. The keyboard I have to bang to get it to register. The SD slot requires all SD cards to be formatted which I don't want to do if there's data on it. It can read unformatted USB but it can't read unformatted SD? Only came with 1GB memory, had to upgrade to 4 GB to get some speed. I also wiped Windows 8 and loaded Windows 7 Professional. Definitely better. Not totally disappointed for the $279 price even with added hardware and software but if you do serious work, this computer might not be what you want.

George

I think you're talking about a completely different laptop. This one has 4GB memory soldered AND one free slot.

DocHV

I got this laptop from Germany in October for 577 EUR without the full HD screen. I upgraded it with additional 4GB of RAM (only DDR3L, don't buy regular DDR3 RAM as it doesn't work) and I also bought Kingston 120GB mSATA SSD drive. I am very pleased with the laptop, gaming performance is good, I can run all the latest games at native 1366x768 resolution at high details at some 25-30 FPS. It restarts from desktop back to desktop and running Firefox in some 30-40 seconds. :)
Battery life is good, it runs at least 6 hours of normal load, I keep the screen at maximum brightness. Sometimes the touchpad stops responding but I use mouse. Also, the fan is quite noisy but luckily it is off most of the time when you use it normally.
The only regret I have is not buying the full HD version, for the regular use, as it's not powerful enough to play at 1080p.

Ignas

I bought this computer a month ago and I'm very pleased with it's performance. It runs smoothly even when I put some hard 3D rendering on it. I had some troubles installing Windows 8(Yes, Windows 8), actually I had to rewrite the operating system when a fatal error accured and I had the blue screen of death and by accident I left 2Gb of non formated disk space. But it was my fault and I would give this computer a score of 90% because I don't like the rear usb3.0 ports

stiv31

Has anyone experienced image retention/ghosting? I recently bought this laptop, been given 3 replacements and all of them had some pretty bad image persistence. It was so annoying I finally had to return the laptop... The response time was also not so good.  Otherwise a great machine.

z_shadow

Does this have the 750m ddr3 version or is it the gddr5 version?

Jaggy

This is the DDR3 4gb version. I put a Samsung EVO 840 mSATA SSD 250gb in this system. It flys now!! Super fast. Let then 10 sec boot!!!

FzRabby

I'm also interested to buy it this month from bangladesh which have core i5,4GB RAM, 1TB HDD, 2 GB graphic, and screen is not full HD . can anyone give the negative side of this laptop & suggestion  who already used it. Please brother, it will be helpful for me.

Kebabgöran

It would be nice if you could do an update on the new version with the i5-4210U and GTX 850M. And also address the issues some people from the forums have had with the previous model (this review) since it was released. Wifi problems, annoying fan noise, and so on...  :)

jjj

Just bought one with 4210u in slovakia. No fan issues, no wifi problems. Nice screen. Quite bad touchscreen, with the right button sort of pushed down, im going to change it.

Jaggy007

Fisomi

The german review was published today:
http://www.notebookcheck.com/Test-Update-Acer-Aspire-V5-573G-54218G1Taii-Notebook.122639.0.html

You can wait a few days for the official translation or you can ask google or here, if you want specific aspects of the review translated. I could try to translate some parts for you tomorrow if you tell me what parts you are the most interested in.

Jaggy007

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview