News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Review Dell Inspiron 15R-5537 Notebook

Started by Redaktion, August 12, 2013, 07:41:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Refreshed. A touchscreen alongside Intel's latest Haswell CPUs is to boost the appeal of Dell's refreshed Inspiron 15R. Outstanding battery runtimes and low emissions speak for the 15 incher. But can that compensate the omitted dedicated graphics card?

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Dell-Inspiron-15R-5537-Notebook.98850.0.html

ComputerAbuser

This appears to be nearly identical to the Latitude 3540.  Except the Latitude has VGA (instead of HDMA), a 1080p anti-glare screen and a Radeon HD 8850m GPU.  Any chance you guys could review the Latitude 3540?  In North America it's on sale for ~$775US, which make it a pretty sweet gaming laptop.

yuri

Greg

Why don't they talk about the GPU it has??
As i can see on the Dell's page it says this laptop haz a AMD Radeon 8850m DDR5 GPU
So i guess this laptop can run games lice BF3 or Crysis 3, can it?

Basheer

Hello Team. I am looking forward to buy this laptop and therefore, i have searched out for it over internet a little bit. I have come across posts with a  specific problem with this laptop that "switching between Intel and AMD GPU is not possible even after updating the drivers." Is there really an issue with this laptop? how you guys managed to bypass this flaw? Hoping to hear from you guys soon.

Mohmaher

This laptop has lot of problems with the Wifi adapter specially on Windows 8
Once away from the router 3 meters it will lose connection with the router and shows a very low/weak signal.
This is my experience with this laptop.. very frustrating !
N.B.: I have the latest drivers installed..

Miko

hi.. can you guys tell me where can I get it's drivers?? thanks in advanse

micheal

Dell had some sort  of application trying to 'optimize' the cpu usage. It ended up constantly freezing the laptop. I did a clean install and now it works fine. The wifi driver from dell is still buggy

Ron Rosso

Bought it few weeks ago, bad choice. I bought i5,8GB RAM and it is slow and buggy.
very disappointing

ravi

hi frnd dell3537 and dell 5537..which one is best.regarding both which one is latest model..

Walter1990

I hate the really poor color of the screen!!! The laptop it's okay, but the screen has a really poor perfomance

Crystal

I bought this machine and I seriously wish I hadn't. Minor bugs abound, making me want to smash it on a regular basis. The touchpad randomly disables itself, no, I'm not doing it by leaning on a function key, I checked. I love the fact that it switches easily to portrait display, but it's a shame this stops the touchpad working. No, it's not the case that I just need to use it at 90 degrees, I could do that. It just straight up doesn't work.

THe "12 months free antivirus" that I was forced to buy, "included in the price," actually expired after 30 days, to be replaced with nagware. Dell customer service don't care. Oh, and the touchpad buttons are loud, stiff, and clunky. Other reviewers mentioned this, and I thought "who cares?" Well, I care. This machine sucks.

saleh

I have bought this laptop from a local store but its performance is really slow, it is like a pc from the 90' that is operating on windows8

Dobi

Attention!

Everyone who says these DELLs are slow!
1. Buy an SSD
2. Install correct drivers in the correct sequence!
   1. Intel chipset driver
   2. Intel HD grapichs driver from DELL's website (like 9.18.10.3234, A00)
   3. AMD driver from my Dropboxhttps://www.dropbox.com/s/693yasm4halsu2w/13-12_Mobility_Win7_Win8_64_DD_CCC_WHQL_intel_SG_Fix.rar
       You have to install this driver in Disable Driver Signature Enforcement mode!!!!!

4. Use ThrottleStop program, allow your processor using more TDP. Google it.

Tada! Have fun with your super fast laptop able to play Battlefield on High (8850m~30fps, 8870~35fps)

Namita

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview