News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Review Google Nexus 7 16 GB 2013 Tablet

Started by Redaktion, August 06, 2013, 00:45:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The next Nexus. The first generation Asus Nexus 7 was arguably the best 7-inch tablet for $200.. so why mess with the price? While the new Nexus 7 does cost $30 more than the original, it manages to improve every aspect both inside and out. See how this hot-selling hardware holds up in our full review below.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Google-Nexus-7-16-GB-2013-Tablet.98299.0.html

Weapon

"expandable storage, dedicated video-out" Does it not have a slimport? which should be able to do video out and expand storage via usb. Can you test?

Allen.Ngo

We tested keyboards and mice, both of which worked instantly. However, the tablet was unable to recognize USB drives both FAT and NTFS.

By dedicated video-out, we mean a port mainly for video-out purposes (mini HDMI, micro HDMI, etc.) where users are much more likely to have an existing cable available instead of needing to purchase another. We would love to test 1080p SlimPort functionality on the micro-USB port, but for the the moment we lack the necessary cables to do so.

Mic W

Since when did the Nexus 7 get Gorilla Glass?

"The new Nexus is still all-around plastic with a glossy Gorilla Glass front and a slightly rubberized matte back that feels similar in texture to the Kindle Fire HD 7."

SchwarzeWolke

Why does the iPad Mini get a better connectivity, mouse and keyboard score?
Why is the display just meager 3 percentage points better, regarding the better resolution, higher brightness and every other aspect?

Xier

Victor

Quote from: Xier on August 07, 2013, 14:53:53
I see Pacific Rim.....you pirates !!!!!!!

You realize that it could be a trailer ... right?

Zheka

This tablet scores lower than an Asus vivo tab 600, galaxy note 8, galaxy tab 10 3. My question is, was the reviewer smoking crack  :o? This has one of the best displays, much better processor and graphics, and costs a at least $100 less. I think whoever reviewed this tablet really screwed up and underscored it, while over scoring tablets that are much worse than this one.

Jeffrey Bellin

Quote from: SchwarzeWolke on August 06, 2013, 21:54:55
Why does the iPad Mini get a better connectivity, mouse and keyboard score?
Why is the display just meager 3 percentage points better, regarding the better resolution, higher brightness and every other aspect?

Hard pressed to disagree.  Overall the scoring of this review seems unfairly low.  Other than the machined metal casing, there is nothing objectively better about the iPad Mini and much that is worse.  Also, where is the measurement of color gamut of the Nexus 7?

only moi

My first Nexus 7 (2013) was returned because of the keyboard problem it's replacement is much better. There is one puzzling defects: no matter how many times I set a photograph as wallpaper, it soon drifts to the right so that the cropping I have carefully set on my main home page starts to show what I don't want. I cannot search to see if others have this problem as moving or drifting wallpaper brings up things people want.

evolucion8

This is old but there is a fundamental difference between the APQ8064 used on the Nexus 4 and the APQ8064T used on the Nexus 7. The former is based on the Krait 200 cores, the latter is based on the Krait 400 cores which has support for DDR3 which is used on the Nexus 7 while the Nexus 4 uses DDR2. Plus also it has improvements on Floating Point calculations useful for games, that is why with Antutu, you can see improvements on floating point performance but almost no performance gains on integer code.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview