News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Apple iPhone 11 Pro Smartphone Review: Triple rear-facing cameras and more power than you could shake a stick at

Started by Redaktion, September 21, 2019, 19:07:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The smaller of the two iPhone Pros is also probably the most compact flagship smartphone on the market. Apple equips the 5.8-inch device with triple rear-facing cameras, a larger battery and WiFi 6 among other changes from last year's model. The iPhone 11 Pro does not include a 5G modem, nor is there a 5G SKU either. Read on in our live review to find out whether this latest iPhone will be crowned the best smartphone of 2019.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Apple-iPhone-11-Pro-Smartphone-Review-Triple-rear-facing-cameras-and-more-power-than-you-could-shake-a-stick-at.435092.0.html

Nick Farrell

Really?  And yet most tech journalists and analysts say it is a loud sounding yawn.  Isn't it time to stop being an Apple fanboy and tell your readers that it is not a worthy upgrade?  I am getting really exhausted by Apple putting out s*** overpriced  products and being given a free pass by reviewers

#MeToo

I am also exhausted by the shitty overpriced android products as well. It blows my mind how Google is able to sell the Pixel line with a SoC which is essentially 2 years behind Apple in terms of CPU/GPU performance, Not to mention significantly worse video recording capability. And 2 years less worth of OS updates. I mean, how do they even get a free pass by the press it really is astonishing! If only "most" tech journalists and analysts actually knew anything, maybe they'd not seem so boring. Isn't it time to stop the Apple bashing when the competition is equally as bad if not worse but cost just as much?

Ricardo Igo

Quote from: Nick Farrell on September 21, 2019, 21:02:06
Really?  And yet most tech journalists and analysts say it is a loud sounding yawn.  Isn't it time to stop being an Apple fanboy and tell your readers that it is not a worthy upgrade?  I am getting really exhausted by Apple putting out s*** overpriced  products and being given a free pass by reviewers

Who in their right mind upgrades every year? Anything is worth an upgrade 2+ years

william blake

so why should i care about phone cpu and gpu performance?
phone is a content consuming device and a communicator. no creation-no speed needed.
i would LOVE to see apple cpus in a laptops btw

Shah

"The panel in our review unit flickers at between 60 and 290.7 Hz, which is rather unusual. By contrast, most OLED panels flicker at one frequency."

Could you please elaborate on this? What would be the recommended brightness level to avoid to lower 60hz flicker rate? Also, am I correct in assuming you'd want to avoid the 60hz flicker?

S.Yu

The warm idle together with the impressive runtimes is certainly a surprise, usually whatever runs warm will not last, simple physics, that heat is simply current running through a load. I heard of reports of the new generation running "hot" and even some people returning their devices thinking it's a defect but looks like that's subjective and doesn't really have much influence on usage.
The speakers are a strong disappointment, IIRC people have come to expect since iP4 that Apple would always use class-leading speakers. This is salt on the wound for removing the headphone jack and lack of BT codecs. Currently it seems Samsung is the mainstream option for good speakers, picking up where Apple left off.

Mitchell

Is there any plan to update your S10+ battery test? As stated on the S10+ review page comment section, the results are by far the worst around and according to the review itself, is due to a bug. If you're going to use skewed and outdated results that have since been addressed by Samsung, then you're doing people a disservice as it can mislead peoples' buying decisions. On another note, the review of the iPhone 11 Pro, like other reviews on this site, is very thorough and well done. I just hope that the S10+ battery benchmarks can be redone to be in line with actual performance to be expected as opposed to a one off bug that only affected some devices.

Nitesh

Quote from: S.Yu on October 01, 2019, 21:58:07
The warm idle together with the impressive runtimes is certainly a surprise, usually whatever runs warm will not last, simple physics, that heat is simply current running through a load. I heard of reports of the new generation running "hot" and even some people returning their devices thinking it's a defect but looks like that's subjective and doesn't really have much influence on usage.
The speakers are a strong disappointment, IIRC people have come to expect since iP4 that Apple would always use class-leading speakers. This is salt on the wound for removing the headphone jack and lack of BT codecs. Currently it seems Samsung is the mainstream option for good speakers, picking up where Apple left off.

Apple mentioned a new thermal management system and ifixit also found graphite sheets that transfer heat into the body. It's possible that while it's running warmer, idle power draw is the same to lower, it's just that more of the chips heat is drawn out to the chassis, which is ideal for sustained performance.

S.Yu

Quote from: Nitesh on October 03, 2019, 16:04:38
Quote from: S.Yu on October 01, 2019, 21:58:07

Apple mentioned a new thermal management system and ifixit also found graphite sheets that transfer heat into the body. It's possible that while it's running warmer, idle power draw is the same to lower, it's just that more of the chips heat is drawn out to the chassis, which is ideal for sustained performance.
Highly unlikely, heat generated is always heat dissipated, or else core temperature would quickly spike. The phone itself has very limited heat capacity to absorb heat without conducting it to the surface, after that(a matter of seconds), every watt of power is a watt of heat dissipated at the surface.

Steven stroehlein

How do the pro and pro max have different PWM results when the XS and XS max has the same pwm result?

asdfzxh

Ugly camera tumor, largest notch in industry, no headphone jack inconvenience inferior product, much worse than mate 30 pro.

S.Yu

Quote from: asdfzxh on November 21, 2019, 09:42:28
Ugly camera tumor, largest notch in industry, no headphone jack inconvenience inferior product, much worse than mate 30 pro.
Yeah well Huawei was in the lead to enlarge the "camera tumor", and it also lacks a headphone jack, and its notch brings ugly and unbalanced proportions to the front side of the phone.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview