News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Smartphone Review

Started by Redaktion, April 17, 2015, 09:23:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

A new standard. The conventional Galaxy S6 was already very convincing in our review. Samsung now offers a smartphone with two rounded display edges with the Galaxy S6 Edge for the first time, but the additional price is pretty steep. Our review shows if the extra charge is worth it.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Samsung-Galaxy-S6-Edge-Smartphone-Review.140746.0.html

Cmvrgr

Too expencive Too expensive  for an android phone that is lacking many features. I had hands on on both devices today for several hours.

mmdkhdm

you rated this Worthless expensive  phone 91% !!!
that's not fair... this phone is created by Samsung...sumsung usually support their phone for up to 2 years(maybe less) ...While you rated the iPhone 6 87% !!! the phone which will support for more than 5 years...
the lattes update that samsung gived for s3 was android 4.3 !!! even with old tuchwiz !!! the phone which was relies 3 years ago.
and iphone 4s until today have ben supported a** the newest iPhone's.
and absolutely iOS is very better than the Hangdroid...
iPhone 6 body is created by aluminum...while the same time galxy 6 family crated by glass which apple used 5 years ago   in iPhone4 !!!
I think that 80% should be highest rate for samsung and every company who use android for their OS
but iPhone 6 should be more than 95%

grimmrocks

Just so that we have all our information correct, (though i am not very fond of Samsung lately) the last update that was released was Android 4.4 not 4.3. i have had an S3 for the past 3 years and to my surprise 4.4 actually ran very well on Samsung's old hardware, something i can say that apple has not achieved. The Iphone 4s barely ran the latest IOS, forcing people to upgrade to a newer phone.

Comparing IOS and Android is something that you have to be very careful with. You're trying to compare apples and oranges.  Remember that IOS is only distributed on Apple devices, while Android is distributed to devices that are made by many different companies. The only comparison you could make that might be viable would be a Nexus device. The Nexus devices run "pure" android and if you were going to compare operating systems that would be the phone to use, not Samsung's flagship(Samsung did however make the original nexus phone). Also the new Android 5.0 release looks and runs just as good if not better than the latest IOS.

Keep in mind that apple should be supporting their phones longer simply because they only have 3 or 4 phone architectures to keep updated, While Google has Thousands. according to OpenSignal in 2013 there were 11,868 distinct android devices available. That is much more than just the iPhone 4s, 5, 5c, 5s, 6, and 6 plus which turns out to only be 6 distinct devices. In my opinion apple better be inventing a flying car, with all the extra time they have. I will say that IOS runs very well on the last couple generations of Iphones. apple has the capability to make their phones very efficient since they control the hardware and software of their phones. For that i applaud them. Iphones are simple, easy to use, power efficient, and look great. However the price tag of all apples devices is not worth what they are selling. They have good product, but their prices are to inflated.

Something that bothers me about the majority of large corporations and their products is the term "Revolutionary" or "The next big thing". When in actuality they are just remaking what someone else has already done. for example the iphone 6 was the first iphone to implement NFC into their design. My S3 had NFC back in 2012. Apple is 3 years behind in current technology. Apple did make smartphones popular but they are no longer revolutionizing anything. They are simply copping what someone else has already created.

Alex11

The review does not mention that the GPU throttles very quickly down to half the performance

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview