News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Review Asus G750JW Notebook

Started by Redaktion, July 08, 2013, 04:44:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Asus Fighter Jet. Each iteration of the core Asus G Series gets better and better and the G750 series is no exception. The ROG branding has yet to let us down as we find out in this review what the new 2013 models bring aside from the obvious Haswell and GTX Kepler refreshes.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Asus-G750JW-Notebook.96316.0.html

ares-alt129

When are you guys going to review the new Alienware laptops?

Florian Glaser

Quote from: ares-alt129 on July 08, 2013, 14:07:19
When are you guys going to review the new Alienware laptops?

They are already ordered and should come in the next few weeks.

Elawem

Thanks for the review guys, but looking at your game benchmarks this laptop looks quite short on 3D power.
According to my experience, it's very rare to scale down the resolution of a game before reducing its level of details to upgrade FPS. So having max res. + ultra settings and 720p + medium benchmarks doesn't make sense to me.
Can you consider adding max resolution + medium/high settings?
That's my number 1 criteria for a gaming laptop.
If you could per example give Guild Wars 2 FPS in medium 1080p, I'd highly appreciate :)

tytoo

Hope in a full review of the -jx soon too, looking for the model with 3d glossy screen, gtx 770, 16 gb ram and 750 gb hdd 7500 rpm..

G750 is really a good beast :)

huitzilin

Hello, could you tell me if the panel(Chi Mei CMO1720) is as "granular" as the panel(Chi Mei N173HGE-L11) found on the Clevo P170SM (One K73-3N) ?
Thank you by advance.

Paul Anthony

Stand by to review a Clevo W230ST please! That one is causing a buzz in the mobile gaming industry.

Allen.Ngo

Hello,

I agree that our jump in benchmark settings from 720p maximum to 1080p maximum is perhaps too large of a gap, but it would be time consuming to test every setting in between as well. After retesting GW 2 in native 1080p with all settings on medium instead of maximum, frame rates were consistently smooth between 60 - 70 FPS instead of just 27 FPS.

The "grainy" panel is only slightly noticeable from a normal distance, but nothing distracting, a number of matte panels typically exhibit this.

Viviel

Are you going to review the new MSI GE70 aswell? I'm having doubts between this ASUS and the mentioned MSI.

KoaV

Quote from: huitzilin on July 08, 2013, 17:49:42
Hello, could you tell me if the panel(Chi Mei CMO1720) is as "granular" as the panel(Chi Mei N173HGE-L11) found on the Clevo P170SM (One K73-3N) ?
Thank you by advance.

Hi,
I don't have any information about the Clevo P170SM panel but i had a chance to test the G750 panel. I recognized the grainy panel while working and it was really annoying for me to look at white/light backgrounds with some text on it. As soon as you're moving the head slightly I noticed the effect. It was also not possible for my wife to use the panel because of the effect.
Don't get me wrong - it's a good panel for gaming etc. but I wanted to use the notebook for developing also so I needed a better display and sent this Notebook back.

Florian Glaser

The MSI GE70 is already here (german review in 1-2 weeks, english review in 2-3 weeks).

The Clevo W230ST should arrive soon, we talked to Schenker Technologies about it.

huitzilin

Thank you KoaV for your user's experience about this panel which is an important point for me.

tytoo

@huitzil

In ROG forums several owners of the glossy 3d version (g750jx-cv038h) are pleased on the screen, they claim it really good for overall use.

A lot of people are looking for that spec of g750, (seems an european spec for now) which includes the gtx 770 card and a 750 gb hdd 7500 rpm, are the notebookcheck guys going to review that spec too?

Finger crossed :)

Rick

Can somebody please tell me why is the newer revision of this laptop hotter and louder than the previous one?  :-\   For example, max noise level: 2013 G75=49.3, last year's G75=42.4. Here is the link to the review: 

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Asus-G75VX-T4020H-Notebook.86730.0.html

Jan Andersen

Reading the first review of a Haswell processor based notebook, great expectations has been on this processor from Intel, promising much lover power consumption, and thereby much lower temperatures and much longer battery life.

But looking at the temperature case temp measurements, nothing seems to have changed, in fact the overall performance seems to be worse than from Sandy Bridge. No fan-less notebook, but instead temperatures at about 10 deg C higher than on Sandy Bridge.

This might be because the stuffed in dedicated graphics card, it is a gaming PC, at least this is what this review concludes. We newer know, since this review didnt handle this issue.

One thing is for sure, the fan is still there, about 50db, which is significantly higher than on a Sandy Bridge notebook - but still this review rates 50db as silent, 50 deg C as low temp - I wonder if notebookcheck has been stroke by a hot summer and lost the sense what is hot and what is cold, what is silent and what is loud.

So, did Intel finally provide a processor for fan-less operation ? Did Intel narrow the gap to ARM processors - we still dont know, but have to wait for further notebook-checks.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview